Ka-tet Wing Command

Rindaris

As I'm participating in the latest B&C Call I wanted to make sure to get these done asap so they wouldn't harass my efforts on my Call projects.

http://fc09.deviantart.com/fs26/f/2009/244/7/3/Wing_Command_by_Rindaris.jpg

From left to right:

Seeker Wayland (Count as Cato), Inquisitor Sibyl (I'm working on a GW Inq Model to use if a Tourney judge won't let me use this one) and Severus Gilayd (Counts as Pedro).

Severus was previously completed, but I put him on a new base I got at GenCon to help my HQs stand out.

Behind them is the Land Raider I'm working on for the B&C Call.

Picture was taken in a hurry. I hope to get some better pictures up in the future.

@Brother Mordeus

I prime metal, but rarely bother with plastic. Mainly due to $$$ issues. I find I like the results I get, so I just keep going with what I do.

@Dragonkin Arenis

The inquisitor is from Reaper Minis. Product 50001 if memory serves. I wanted something that would look fitting with Adeptus Arbites as support.

Bases are from Wyrd Minis. I got them at GenCon to avoid S&H costs.

Wayland:

Right arm is a grey knight nemesis halberd, from a terminator.

Left arm is a regular arm with a master-crafted commanders plasma pistol. Shoulder pad is from the Champion in the command squad box.

Legs are also from the commanders box. Torso is from the black templars upgrade box. Backpack and helm are both from the Dark Angels veterans box.

Severus:

One Champion shoulder, one metal Deathwatch shoulder. Helm is from the Forgeworld Red Scorpions kit, intended for the sergeant I believe.

Torso is from the Iron Hands (or Warriors... one of the two) upgrade kit. Legs are the non-chaos specific khorne 'zerker legs. Backpack is the signum backpack from the Devastators box.

The stormbolter is built around the assault cannon arm for a Terminator. Ammo box is replaced with a melta-fuel cell. And the assault cannon itself is replaced with a storm bolter from a drop pod.

Power fist is from the Chaos Terminator box.

Fluff info:

The Ka-tet have few librarians. They have Seekers. The Seekers are born with various powers. I'm still developing the information behind them. But no powers would be relatable to the table, merely fluff. The advantage is they don't draw from the Warp, they draw from another power. Wayland is the Seeker Captain under Severus' command. His Seeker 'powers', in part, translate in the abilities Cato brings to the table.

Severus Gilayd is the newest Master within the Ka-tet. I am currently working on his story, called the Heirs of Eld, which I've been posting here as well as on my DA gallery.

Inquisitor Sibyl I'm going to introduce into the Heirs of Eld story very soon. Most of the fluff I have for her is in my head, still waiting to take form on page.

Archived