Rosacs WIP- dune foxes

rosac

So, this is my return to space marines, but now I have miniatures to show for it.

I will be working towards this list:

captain- relic blade, artificer armour, meltabomb.

command squad, banner, champion,apothecary, power wep, meltabombs

2X10 tactical marines, missile launcher, meltagun, power wep

10 scouts, sniper rifles, hvy bolter, camo cloaks

2X 6 sternguard, 3 combi-meltas, 2 combi-plasmas

whirlwind

3 razorbacks, hvy bolters

2 rhinos

here is some fluff as well:

The paladins tears were formed almost immediately after the horus heresy, mere days after Guilliman pronounced his codex astartes to be created. Not much is known about their past, only that a figure in the iron warriors who remained loyal was always refered to as "the paladin of gaharon" due to his actions which saved a solar system from the wrath of the iron warriors. nothing else is known about this chapter, except that each company guards a single planet in the star sytem. and employs the use of vehicles constantly.

I am unsure of what my captain should be equipped with to represent the iron warrior ties in the chapter. I am thinking something like this:relic blade idea But I am not sure how to make it.

here are some pics of my scoots while Im at it. scouts

C+C welcome.

cheers

rosac

Bionics aint really my thing... and besides, I want them to look like iron warrior successors, not iron hands.I bought space hulk today, so expect that to get painted along with my marines (painting them as BA still tho)

rosac

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry for the lack of replies, have been very busy with school and my GD mini.

However- and update. I desided that the paladins tears sounded a little too... ummm... emoey. So they are now the dune foxes. the fluff is still roughly the same.

However, I will pad it out before I add some pics with my next update...

"The dune foxes do not defend a single planet, or star system. They defend an entire galaxy consisting of 7 star systems. It is no coincidence that the chapter flouts the normal company set up for a more widespread set up. There are eight companies, 7 have a star system to themselves, and the eighth, led by captain Aldrohiir the vengeful, patrol the outskirts of the galaxy, responding to any attack anywhere in the galaxy.

There is no 10th company or 1st company, as the veterans and scouts are distributed among the 8 companies to ensure no company is short on experienced warriors to teach the other marines. The scouts are rotated throughout the companies, in order for them to receive a balanced education of war.

It is at the start of the 41st millenium when the librarians use their warp sight to see a massive gathering of iron warriors in nearby star systems. The dune foxes know of their heritage, and are willing to leave their galaxy in the hands of the PDF, all trained by astartes captain J'alhrad the uniter of the second company, whilst they remove the blight of the heretics."

I will be converting Aldrohiir the avenger from Njal the strom caller, and he shall represent my captain in termi armour. (for use whn I want a change.) I do really want some termis in this army, as my BT or CSM never use them, and I really want to give assault termis a go.

Is there any way I could incorporate them without wrecking my core army list?

cheers guys

rosac

Sorry for the double post, I was expecting at least one person to reply.

here is my termi list, tell me what you think.

Captain, termi armour, thunder hammer, storm bolter

6 termis, heavy flamer, 2 chainfists

2X 10 marines, meltagun, M.launcher, sgt w/ power wep+ tele homer

10 scouts, sniper rifles, camo cloaks, heavy bolter

2X6 sternguard, 3 w/combi meltas, 2 w/ combi plasmas

2 razorbacks, heavy bolters

2 rhinos

there it is, any thoughts?

I need replies soonish so I can get my money sorted out for my GD shooping list.

rosac

Archived