Space Hulk Librarian and more

Rob_Loken

is it worth converting them? i mean you have to shave off a ton of stuff

Absolutly! after going thorough the minis, I figured it wouldn't be to hard to replace lots of the small blood drops with skulls. Aside from that, it will be a bit of GS work, but not much more than what I do to convert regular models into my LOTD army. Sorry, don't mean to thread hijack.

:D

yeah they are the same size :)

NO! THEY! ARE! NOT!

seriously how many times do i have to say this me, my stores staff, my friends and everyone else in my store have all checked, double checked and TRIPLE checked they are not the same size you CAN use them in 40k games since they are ALMOST the same size.

I would love to see more, I just ordered mine, and Im about to pee my pants in anticipation :) .

OOPS, almost forgot, I have a couple of questions.

#1: Is the plastic different to cut and file from the normal kind?

#2: Is the plastic more difficult for the primer to adhere?

#3: Well, in general, is it different to work with? Anything at all you have noticed.

Maybe it's just me but I can't fathom why anyone would convert them, the majority of the Space Hulk models have soooooo much Blood Angels specific iconography you'd have to shave off or cover up 90% of the unique details. At that point your better off just getting regular Terminators and reposing them a little, the end product would be better and lest wastefull of a limited run product.

The Librarian and a couple of the models aren't so bad but some like the Sergeants are just smothered in blood drops, chalices, and other stuff.

Anyway nice work on the Librarian so far, I'll be picking my copy up at the local store saturday and I'm still not sure whether I'll try to paint up the models right away or not, I'll probably try a few test Blood Angels and see how they go before jumping right into the Space Hulk minis.

where do you live from what i heard only US peeps seem to have gotten the odd early copy

are you going to keep the basing or mount it on a 40mm?

looks very promising so far

are any of the termies duplicated or are they all unique? (same with the stealers?)

I live in Wales, dunno why it turned up early but I'm so glad it did! :D I just couldn't wait to start painting these guys so I've spent most of the day clipping and filing (of which you won't have to do a lot of thankfully).

Terminatorinhell @ nah all the Blood Angels iconography is still on there, just haven't started on the little details yet. He's got blood drops all over his gauntlets and his knee pad. Unfortunately he doesn't have a chapter symbol on his right shoulder pad, so it'll be freehand for me.

Wiplash @ They're all unique even the geanstealers which also look the bees knees. With these guys and my old BfM tyranids I think I may have myself a Nid army! I'm gonna magnetize some 40mm bases so I can use them in regular games of 40k. These guys jumping out of a Drop Pod will look ace. Next to regular 40k Termies there's hardly any difference.

Commander Alexander @

1 : With regard to the quality of the plastic, it's good, firm but a little brittle. You have to be really careful when cutting them off the sprue though, especially Sgt. Lorenzo and his funny cape. The level of detail on these guys is awesome too, there are loads of little things like purity seals and keys hidden all over the model so it could take a while

2 : My Chaos Black seemed to adhere fine. So should be no problems

3 : And you should have no difficulty working with these guys as would any other plastics really.

The Damned @ No worries considering your abilities I can't wait to see what you can do with them.

Any ways did a bit more work on him this eve, finished up the chest eagle and concentrated on the face. Still got a long way to go though. :sweat:

gallery_25147_3900_5245.jpg

gallery_25147_3900_82133.jpg

Looks great, I can't wait until mine gets here, it's reassuring to see a real model looking good I was slightly worried that 'Eavy Metal made the models look better than they actually are. Look forward to seeing the model finished.

Nice though im still debating wether or not to get it, as i dont intend to do blood angels.

At that point your better off just getting regular Terminators and reposing them a little, the end product would be better and lest wastefull of a limited run product.

You hit a point there, i would need to do extensive converting, how engraved are the details?

Wiplash @ They're all unique even the geanstealers which also look the bees knees. With these guys and my old BfM tyranids I think I may have myself a Nid army! I'm gonna magnetize some 40mm bases so I can use them in regular games of 40k. These guys jumping out of a Drop Pod will look ace. Next to regular 40k Termies there's hardly any difference.

Similar to using older metal models along side new plastic models, Small variations in size between minis, make the armies more real in my mind. I can think of tons of refences to 40K fluff where they talk about varying physique through a squad.

The Damned @ No worries considering your abilities I can't wait to see what you can do with them.

Why thank you <_<

I'm really liking the blue, Its really clean and crisp. Looking forward to seeing this completed since all we've been looking at are the "Eavy Metal" models.

I pre-ordered too and mine didn't arrive early :huh: The english speaking world always gets the special treatment :D

I also thought about converting the SH terminators, but only some and it would be a shame to rip the squads apart. So I'll just wait how good the Space Wolves terminators will look like.

Archived