Regrouping

Jangalak

Hi, sorry if this is already posted somewhere - did search but no joy.

I have been under the impression that IG could lose more than half their squad and still take a leadership test to regroup. After much debate me and my buddy decided this was correct some months ago. However, after going through the BRB last night we saw that it contradicted this in the Regrouping Section.

Can anyone confirm - if a unit is below 50% they cannot regroup (SM excluded of course)?

Many thanks

Hi, sorry if this is already posted somewhere - did search but no joy.

I have been under the impression that IG could lose more than half their squad and still take a leadership test to regroup. After much debate me and my buddy decided this was correct some months ago. However, after going through the BRB last night we saw that it contradicted this in the Regrouping Section.

Can anyone confirm - if a unit is below 50% they cannot regroup (SM excluded of course)?

Many thanks

Only if they have a special rule that allows them to. I think one of the IG characters will allow them to (not 100%) and it maybe possible that an order can do it as well (I'm not hot on the IG) but unles your friend can show you what rule he is using from where then no.

IG follow the same rules as everyone else, IE they cannot regroup if they are under 50%. However, there are some special rules to ignore this. First, Company Commanders can issue the "Get Back in the Fight!" order. This makes the ordered unit immediately regroup regardless of any circumstances. Second, Sergeant Bastonne's special rule Never Give Up, Never Surrender! allows his Veteran Squad to always attempt to regroup, regardless of any normal restrictions (same as GBITF above).

Eldar with Avatar range also regroup and become fearless. The standard is for everyone to not be able to rally if under 50%, as it says in the book. Special rules in various armies allow otherwise.

Archived