Iron Prince

sword brethren

so i got a little bored of my marines and turned to chaos for a bit.

basically i am gonna start with a daemon prince but i wanted my choas to be a renegade successor chapter of the iron hands, that had turned to khorne.

sooo with that idea i set up a list of things i shall need for this task, i would like you to suggest other things for this iron prince or things that won't look right.

so i thought...

Head- bull ogre, helmeted head (converted with wires and bionic stuff

Arms- home made power fist and ?????

Torso- DP

legs- deamon prince with bionics

techy looking wires- guitar string

wings- not having them anymore as it seems difficult to place them anywhere

weapon- http://www.bitsandkits.co.uk/shop/system/d...%3Dposition1%26

my friend kindly did me a mock up

gallery_38604_3113_90163.jpg

any other ideas for a mechy khorny daemon prince?

Those wings are probably going to look a little small on a deamon prince.

You might want to make your own using plasticard and guitarwire.

It shouldn't be too hard, cut out 20 or so feather pieces, glue to a main rod, add cover plates, wire up.

Beork

I can tell you right now that the soulgrinder torso isnt going to look right on daemon prince legs-- the torso is longer than the legs! You're safest bet is using giant legs, and converting the bejeezus out of them!

Likewise, the wing bits will be too small for this prince, you're better off making your own.

ok with these wings looking like a tough job i thought of a new idea, masive defiler legged servo arms.

using the spare legs from the defiler and attaching to the back.

can i have peoples opinion of which i should have, wings or servo arms.

thanks ;)

I would avoid using that helmet.

Give it maybe an armor plate over the top. Bionics should be something that you glimpse through the gaps between the armor plates. Make it a subtle effect, or its just not going to look proper.

noted, working on it now

im not keen on using the daemon prince head, does anybody know of somthing the right size and more appropreate for the model?

I used that defiler mask on my IW deamon prince and it fit great.I did leave the head off and used a ball of green stuff to mount it to since I didnt want the horns stickin out so that might have made a difference.as for the weapon it looks a tad small IMO maybe makin a chain axe out off plastic card and the teeth from some chain swords.

Could you not bionic-ize the daemon prince head, give it a bunch of wires coming out and a bionic optic system, kinda like on some SM heads?

Just a thought, isnt that head about the right size? GS a helmet on him in the shape of whatever you want.

in theory a good plan but this is really my first time using GS, im not so great with it, i can give it a try as i wont be using that head but i dont expect miracles

Edit: just tried it and not only am i now very frustrated i have also ruined the daemon prince head. so suggestions are still very much welcomed

When the greenstuf is dry you can carefully peel it off. I think the biuonic version would work well.

Some people also use ogre bull heads. There's one with a helmet I think. You can order it from a bits site.

I think the bionics are lookin much better already. It just needed basic beefing, whether you use armour or not is your own call.

Looking good and carry on

Beork

thanks for the comment ^_^

yeah ive calmed down from my GS based hissy fit and it peeled right off like you said :D

the ogre bull head is perfect! i love it i think it will look great! is it the right size? if so ill be adding a bionic eye and wires from it.

http://www.bitzbox.co.uk/product_info.php?...i4llk1sbnkll5c1

• 2 weeks later...

ok, money is back in the frame as is this prodject, i have created a comicly large powerfist form a soul grinder for his left arm, jut a thought, if i buy a defiler will i have the parts to make a brass scorpian... i only used the claws

id show you a pic but i have load of psychology work to do and as far as my dad is concerend works comes first :D

Archived