Dino Riders!

TheReclusiarch

After assembling all the dino riders I had a leftover head so I painted it up in the colours I think I'll use. Note that this is a very fast paint job, with no clean up whatsoever and missing some shading (the camo green especially!). Just wanted to give you guys an idea of what colours would be used!

http://www.enharjarna.org/David/wipdinorider8.jpg

Comments welcome of course! Think these colours will work out ok? ;)

Looks pretty cool! I have a little idea though:

You see the little hook on his harness thing? It looks a little too 'un-Mariney' for my tastes...

How about chopping it off and putting something else there? You could cut a little Salamander logo out of plasticard, or a cross like the Space Hulk Terminators have, or even a skull on the end of a chain.

Basically, just something to tie it in more with the Marine, instead of that hook.

As someone mentioned, i think you should add more bionics to the tech adept and if you made afully-fledged techmarine give the dino at least one bionic leg, ooh reminds me of the dog from fullmetal alchemist (maybe a good resource for four-legged bionic ideas).

my 2 pennies (being british)

i would urge the consideration of a less pure/toxic green, something more a mix of blue and yellow and ideally closer to one or the other, there's something about that green that just screams craft paints.

Here's a ref i found, not sure who painted :

http://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh157/nix603/Balt%20GD%202008/ColdOneRider-musician.jpg

still green, but supersexy :jaw:.

Iron Phoenix, that sure is a super sexy paintjob, I'll consider it (although I don't have that kind of skill!).

I'm afraid I'm very new to this converting thing, so bulking out and giving things biotic legs etc. is out of the question. They have genetic engineering/combat drugs, they can carry a Space Marine! :D I'll also remove the hook thingie, it's true, it doesn't look very Space Marine-ish!

Id be happy to give you some pointers... Its never to early to learn and the sooner you do the sooner you can improve ;p

If you have one spare dino leave it aside and give it a go, then if it doesnt for out you can always leave it. As they are now I recon you could do it easy.

Post up a perfectly side on view and I will talk you through how I would go about it. If you want to of course.

Thanks, but no spare dino I'm afraid. :) I'm not sure I want/can to change anything right now, but I'm interested on what you have to say! I've seen your work and I like it. Here's a side view, hope it's good enough!

http://www.enharjarna.org/David/temp.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I think the Dino needs alot more blue on it. For the sole reason of the green rider. If he was an Ultramarine or a Blood angel that's fine. But the Marine and Dino are practically fused.

Just needs some blue to break up the dino from its rider. Then your fine!

thats awesome , although im not sure about all the green , what about a different color altogether?

i found this ages ago when i was starting my cold one riders ,

THIS ISNT MY WORK ,

http://i278.photobucket.com/albums/kk108/barry_hhh/Objectivesdone.jpg

cant remember where i found it , shout outs to the artist whoever you are

• 2 weeks later...

Wow that last pic is awesome. I think the pic you showed earlier of the green cold one is done by 'Eavy Metal. You've really inspired me so i bought 5 classic cold ones for £10 from a guy at school.

What legs did you use by the way for the riders?

Archived