Home Sculpted Daemon Prince

Malanok

Hello All!

I am a daemon player and my brother has been bugging me to join for a little while now, however I did not want to come here empty handed so I decided to sculpt my own Daemon Prince.

http://fc04.deviantart.com/fs25/f/2009/246/6/5/Malanok_Model_Painted_by_Malanok.jpg

I am very much a "dabbler" and try my hand at everything including writing... The model is of Malanok, one of my characters.

A tad tall I will admit, but he is supposed to double to a 54mm inquisitor model... and Malanok is supposed to be taller than most people...

Malanok

P.S I also have an unpainted version of this pic...

Um, is it finished? I certainly hope not. It's a damned good start though. I would recommend a LOT more muscular detail on the arms, face, and chest. As it is right now, I'm thinking Pokey and Gumbi are going to try and skate their way into CC with me...stupid claymation rerolls.

It is finished. It's terrible I was the first to say so.

I know that I missed out on a lot of detail, but I don't care. As a first go with a new product (milliput) I don't think it went too badly. I have never sculpted my own model, I do not sculpt in any other way and I know no one who has ever sculpted their own model before.

Hindsight is a beautiful thing isn't it?

If I had known from the start that the underarms would be that large, then I would have increased the spine length.

If I had known that sculpting arms the way I did would lose the elbow joint, then I would have increased the angle between the fore arm and the upper arm.

If I had known how tacky milliput gets after 1/2 hour, then I would have had more water to hand.

The list is endless.

Please take no offense, I am not having a go, I am saying that these are things which I have learned from my mistakes.

There are many things I should have done before getting "stuck in", but I didn't and I am the one who has to live with it.

*shrugs*

Don't worry, I am a much better painter then sculptor ^-^

Awwell, one down, over four more to go. (Don't worry, I am building on a generic 54mm male for my next one so the physiology should be better :Troops: )

Mal

P.S Thank you Solid Zaku, for "shooting straight" I would rather you tell me then just smile and wave. Also I would like to apologize if I sound as though I am moaning, I don't mean to ^^;

you gotta start somehwhere dude <_<

Ive seen a few atempts at sculpting where they look no more than glorified turds

but hey, you know the problems, you know what to do better next time

More detail and practice and you have yourself a damn fine deamon prince for me to purge :D

^-^ Thanks everyone!

I'm going to be making upwards of four more so I think I will be getting enough practice :)

How much of a wireframe skeleton did you do, if one at all?

I made a basic skeleton out of paperclips, literally just a stick man (with elbows and knees, but no head) standing normally glued to paper then wet the paper to move the arms around when sculpting (worked quite well apart from his left leg required another paperclip jammed into it over the knee to keep it straight, like a bracer)... I wish I had taken a photo of it...

Mal

P.S I hope I improve anyway, this one is shocking... (I'm proud of it, but it is bad)

Archived