More than one emperor's champion?

Shok

I was wondering, seeing as I have two Emperor's champion models (the newest official model and old 25th anniversary model) is it possible for me to field both of them in an army of Black Templars as at no point in the Emperor's Champion description does it say that there can only be one per army. It just states that there must be one in an army of 750+ points.. In codex armageddon the emperor's champion was limited to 1, but it isn't in the newer black templars codex...

So, is it legal to have more than one emperor's champion in an army... I have looked around and people say that it never says you cannot take more than 1, but it never refers to a black templars force having more than one. But i'm just curious, and also.. if you have more than one, can you have more than one vow? I highly doubt you can, but it's just a query.

Thanks.

Nope, you cannot take more than 1 Emperor's Champion in one detachment, says so in the Black Templar FAQ, first page, first item.

http://www.games-workshop.com/MEDIA_Custom...5th_Edition.pdf

However, if you play with multiple detachments you can use another one. If you do this then I'd imagine you could take another vow but each vow would only affect the detachment they were taken in.

Archived