Plasma and gets hot.

Warden99

Hi gang

I had an argument about plasma weapons and the Gets Hot rule today.

It was about if you roll a 1, does the weapon still fire or not.? and if you rapid fire, hitting with one shot and rolling a 1, do both fail or both hit and after the weapon has fired the Get Hot happens..??

He also seemed to think the (normal saves apply) rule means inv. saves, and not normal saves...

I dont think this is correct...

The Blast Get Hot rule says the weapon doesnt fire, but the normal Get hot gun and pistol rule doesnt say it doesnt fire...

What do you guys do.:?

Imo if a roll of one means the weapons doesnt fire AND kills the model... Plasma just isnt worth it...?

Am I wrong.?

Thank you!

The reason the Blast Get Hot rule says that the weapon doesn't fire is because it's a blast weapon.. you don't have to roll to 'hit', per se. It's a scatter die roll.

If you roll 1's on a plasma gun or plasma pistol, your gun gets hot.. and you rolled a 1 to hit. So you missed. If you roll a 1 and 5, that's a hit and a Gets Hot. The weapon still fires.

Also, 'normal saves apply' means that NORMAL saves apply. Marines get a 3+, guard get a 5+ etc etc.

But should a rapid fire shot be rolled one dice at a time.? so if the first roll is a 1 you dont get to roll again.?

Nope. Roll them together overheating one has no effect on the other.

Archived