Multiple flamers in ruins

Commander Sasha

If I have a 2 template unit (Assault with 2 flamers, Dread 2xHF), and I am shooting at a unit in a building on several layers, can I shoot one flamer at one floor, and the other at another(probably the first floor)?

By extension, can a Landspeeder with 2 HF fire at the ground floor with one, and the second floor with the other?

The same question applies for multiple blast weapons: can my Devastators target different floors to each other? And what about a Thunderfire?

1) Id say you can shoot at different levels IF your still firing at the same unit.

2) Same answer.

3) Same Answer... you have to target the same unit, but its up to you where you "place" the shot each time.

But perhaps a wiser head will confirm or deny this.

The flamer templates must be placed so that they cover the most enemy models in a unit, while the template can only cover a floor that is no more than one level different from the firer. As such, each template should be place separately to determine how many models are hit, with the floor being hit only determined by the number of models covered. Ex: if one template can get 4 out of 8 models on the 1st floor, but the other can only hit 3 total and those are all on the 2nd floor, then you've hit 7 models with those two flamers.

As to the blasts, if the weapon is fired directly, you pick the target point (which may or may not change based on drift). If the weapon is indirect, it can only ever hit the top most floor under its center hole.

SJ

As nimu is alluding to, I hope that you are resolving hits before your opponent is dealing with wounds. I appreciate that the relative position of templates means that you may hve problems getting the maximum number of hits but remember to make sure that you calculate hits from both templates before starting to accululate wounds and removing units.

Wan

Even if the two templates only covers the same 6 models you can kill up to 12 models if you are lucky with your wound rolls.

An enemy model who is hit by two flame templates give you two automatic hits.

Keep in mind that we arent tau and our flamers have to hit the same squad no matter what. We shoot it at 1 target, if its on 2 different levels then thats fine, but if its 2 diff units you can only shoot one of them

How do tau flamers differ from anyone elses? Also the template rules state you have to place it to hit hte most amount of models in the target unit without also hiting a freindly (or an enemy locked in close combat), if the angle that hits the most enemies in the target unit also hits some in another, then you will hit that unit too.

Archived