Blast weapon issue

Corpse.

Summarized.

X <Shooting blast weapon of any kind, and rolls a hit.

|

|

|

0000 (Unit 1)

OOO (Unit 2)

^ This is the model hit, and landed on. It hits unit 2, firing through unit 1. The blast hits some models in unit 1 as well as models in unit 2. Because the firer is shooting through a unit, unit 2 gets cover saves. Unit 1 gets covers saves because the hole of the blast is over a unit 2.

(Explained) The hole has no true point of view from the hole. The hole does not apply to the line of sight rules from the head of the firer when passing through terrain and hits someone behind a wall.

O|(Blast lands here)

X (The shooter, scatters off to the right and the blast hits the 'O' model through the wall '|' )

So, RAW speaking, your shooting through a model if it lands on a model not of the same unit when you hit other models.

I find this a little disturbing. It gets even more nasty for indirect fire shots.

Help on clarifying this with some RAW? This will be a problem when I introduce this to my gaming community.

By all intentions, a rules lawyer will say that the blast hole is placed at ground level, underneath the models base. Something to deny that too would be helpful.

I am fairly certain direct fire blast weapons measure cover from the shooter, thus as unit 1 has no cover from unit X, unit 1 would not get a cover save, but unit 2 would. If you are firing a barrage weapon indirectly, then cover is measured from the center of the blast marker, and unit 1 would have a cover save, but unit 2 would not.

Pg 30 says that blast markers are placed over the units and hit models under it.

Archived