Space Marine Action Figure

jester_prince

I dont know how many times this has been done before, I can guarentee its not an original idea BUT this is my attempt.

Im going to turn this action figure that i picked up from tesco for dirt cheap.

http://figures.insidepulse.com/wordpress/w...-sabretooth.jpg

Into one of our beloved space marines.

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y104/ilivefordeath/Raptor_Taros.jpg

This is the look im aiming for, more realistic proportions and armour that looks like ti could actualy move.

I chose this figure because of its flexability and fairly realistic jointing. I am undecided as to what chapter I will make him, it will either be my WIP chapter or Ultramarines (I like their scheme so shoot me). i thought you people would like to see how i did it and how i progress.

I cant decide if this guy should be a tac marine or a seargent. I was planning on having exchangable weapons and mabey even a jump pack, but do i arm him with bolter and chainsword, just a bolter or a bolt pistol and power fist.

Okay first, I hacked off his hair and clipped his nails, I then heated up his right hand and reposed the fingers so that they could hold a bolter/ccw better.

I removed his left hand because it was in the wrong position for what i have planned. I will try and remodel the hand or replace it with a new one and stick that on at a later date with a joint.

Ive also taken a slive out from the lower part of his chest, this will hopefully allow wires to be attached here and still allow his body to flex.

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y104/ilivefordeath/sabertoothmarine01.jpg

You're crazy, but I still respect you...

Should be interesting, though...

And do them Ultras 2nd Co. -Emperor forgive me- as they are -the most- iconic Space Marines of the 41st Millenium... Why else would Games Workshop paste them over nearly every SM box there is?

Arenis

this is an experiment, if ti works i may do more :lol:

If it dosnt work, I lay down a challenge to everyone to make one that does work.

If it works, I lay down a challenge to everyone to do one better!

My Greenstuff fu isnt great so i have no doubt someone out there can do better, :D infact i look forward to it.

Dont tell me you all dont want to have a go now hahah

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y104/ilivefordeath/sabertoothmarine02.jpg

Quick update

This is the basic green stuff work ive done on it. I hope to add a smoother finished layer of GS over the top (or plasticard).

A few issues ive come accross.. the torso is too narrow, in future attempts I will try disconnect the arms from the shoulders, widen the torso then re attach the arms. As a result I had to raise the belt a fair amount more then id have liked which shows a little more soft armour then probably should..

However i will disguise that with armoured pannels similar to thouse on terminators.

The greaves need a little more shape to them with GS but as i said above this is just the basic structure work all the neat tidey work will be done once the basic structure is finished. I will hopefully will be adding a bit more beefyness to him as he does seem a little skinny still.

The model has lost a small amount of mobility/flexability but nothing huge. He couldnt not kneel or sit before he still cannot :cuss

Feedback as with everything I do is welcomed and encouraged... be brutal its the only way we learn.

I am thinking a Bolter and Chainsword setup :P because unfortunatly he cant hold a weapon accross his chest his arms isnt flexible enough. I guess next time I need to search for a better base figure.

But I have a love for assault marines so I shall probably make him into one of them.

Archived