Codex Rules Questions

jasonsaur

Heya! So I just got back from Tacti-con this weekend down in Denver Colorado, and a few things came up in which I had a question about.

1.) With the librarians psychic power the gate of infinity, he takes a psychic test in the movement phase to deepstrike anywhere within 24" of his current location. Two questions on this one, first, can he make a normal movement before teleporting? and second, it mentions if he travels by himself, there is no risk, am I right in assuming this means the risk of rolling doubles is waved, but he must still scatter using the normal deepstrike rules?

2.) Using the true line of sight rules in regards to a deployed drop pod, if one can see through the openings in the doors, is the shot a clear shot?

3.)This is my biggest question. Here is the scenario, there is a squad of multiple wounded models, lets say 6 raveners. The entire squad is hit by a whirlwind shot(s5, ap4), wounding all of them causing 6 wounds. My question is, does each ravener take 1 wound? or are 3 separate models removed(resulting in 6 wounds)? The reason why i ask is because although the number of wounds scored is the same, the following shooting phases are gonna be altered based on how it is assigned. If they are all wounded on turn 1(6 wounds), then on turn two if the exact same thing happens, the entire squad would have been killed(12 wounds total). But if you take models first, the first turn i score 6 wounds, removing 3 models, the next turn i am only capable of scoring 3 wounds with my whirlwind because only 3 models remain. 12 wounds vs 9 wounds. Whats the exact ruling on this?

Thats all i can think of at the moment, but any help would be greatful! especially on #3

-Jason

1. I'm not sure if the librarian can move before using the power. He will scatter if he goes alone however.

2. Yes, unless the gap is really narrow.

3. In units of multi wound models, whole models must be removed. Allocate the wounds and take saves as usual, but remove entire models instead of spreading them out.

4: The librarian gates of table and rolls mishap to come in later.

The next turn or two he rolls to come in but where exactly does he come in?

He should gate up to 24´of his last position but after the mishap he comes in by gate/teleport anew so from what point does he count his 24´this time?

3. In units of multi wound models, whole models must be removed. Allocate the wounds and take saves as usual, but remove entire models instead of spreading them out.

The controling player can allocate his wounds in any way he wishes. Tell me the page number int he rule book that cancels out this effect.

The controling player can allocate his wounds in any way he wishes. Tell me the page number int he rule book that cancels out this effect.

It depends. If the models are identical in game terms, then whole models must be removed as you can't pile up wounds on different models. If the models are different (as Ork Nobs often are), then wounds can be spread around.

It depends. If the models are identical in game terms, then whole models must be removed as you can't pile up wounds on different models. If the models are different (as Ork Nobs often are), then wounds can be spread around.

Yep, that is the way of it. To allocate wounds you first pick a subgroup in the target unit where the subgroup is a set of models with identical wargear. Wounds must be allocated evenly over the whole unit regardless. As saves are failed and you choose who suffers them, you must remove whole models first... This is to prevent players from "spreading the damage around". So if you have a unit of say identical Nobs and it takes two unsaved wounds, you must remove a whole Nob.

I do not believe the lib can move then teleport.

Heya! So I just got back from Tacti-con this weekend down in Denver Colorado, and a few things came up in which I had a question about.

1.) With the librarians psychic power the gate of infinity, he takes a psychic test in the movement phase to deepstrike anywhere within 24" of his current location. Two questions on this one, first, can he make a normal movement before teleporting? and second, it mentions if he travels by himself, there is no risk, am I right in assuming this means the risk of rolling doubles is waved, but he must still scatter using the normal deepstrike rules?

yes he still scaters, but the doubles bit is ignored. No he cannnot move first because Gate of ininity is done at the BEGINING of the movement phase, if he has moved it is no longer the begining

2.) Using the true line of sight rules in regards to a deployed drop pod, if one can see through the openings in the doors, is the shot a clear shot?

The shot can be taken, though it would likely fall under the situation of shooting through a unit and grant a 4+ cover save.

3.)This is my biggest question. Here is the scenario, there is a squad of multiple wounded models, lets say 6 raveners. The entire squad is hit by a whirlwind shot(s5, ap4), wounding all of them causing 6 wounds. My question is, does each ravener take 1 wound? or are 3 separate models removed(resulting in 6 wounds)? The reason why i ask is because although the number of wounds scored is the same, the following shooting phases are gonna be altered based on how it is assigned. If they are all wounded on turn 1(6 wounds), then on turn two if the exact same thing happens, the entire squad would have been killed(12 wounds total). But if you take models first, the first turn i score 6 wounds, removing 3 models, the next turn i am only capable of scoring 3 wounds with my whirlwind because only 3 models remain. 12 wounds vs 9 wounds. Whats the exact ruling on this?

Thats all i can think of at the moment, but any help would be greatful! especially on #3

-Jason

Wound alocation goes as folows

1. count the number of wounds dealt to the unit

2. the controling player alocates one wound to each MODEL, when when each model has one wound alocated you may start alocating second wounds untill they all have second wound, then third and so on.

3. then seperate the model into groups with identical wargear/profiles

4. take saves for each group

5. aply unsaved wounds to remove models from each group in a way that results in the most casulties (instant death hits must be taken from models with the most remaining wounds, regular wounds taken from models with the least), note that unsaved wounds from one identical group do not pass over to another identical group

6. done

Pages to reference are pg 26 as previously mentioned and pg 25 "complex units"

Archived