Deep strking dilema

firestarter

Hi

I was playing against my friend yesterday and had deep striked in a squad, now in the rule book it says a squad cannot be in 1' inch of an enemy model or on impassable terrain. But what happened was that his main model that everything has to circle was one inch from the board edge and as he began to circle models around the main one, models were slitghtly over the edge and in the rule book theirs is no metion of this would this squad be put on the deep strike mishap table?

JamesI is right here, if even one model cannot be placed, a Deep Strike mishap occurs.

From page 95 of the main rulebook:

Deep strike mishaps

If any of the models in a deep striking unit cannot be deployed because they would land off the table, in impassable terrain, on top of a friendly model, or on top or within 1" of an enemy model, something has gone wrong. The controlling player must roll on the deep strike Mishap table and apply the results.

So firestarter strictly your friend would have had to take a mishap. Personally if it was only a small part of the base I would have let him deploy (and I mean a small part of the base), but the rules says that in that circumstance it will be a mishap.

EDIT: Cypher 102 beat me

If it's just a single model and not the main model, you'd remove it from play, exactly as if it had landed within 1" of an enemy model. Mishaps only occur when the main model can't land safely.

You were correct, in 4th ed. Mishaps in 5th are as Darkguard and Cypher stated.

Archived