How does the techmarine work in CC?

thade

My techmarine is geared up with a full servoharness (two PF attacks basically) and a power weapon/bolt pistol (two power weap attacks, +1 on the charge)...thats how I've been playing it. When he charges in, he gets +1 attack...and I have been presuming that the extra attack is "front-loaded"...that is, he gets 3 PW attacks at init 4, and 2 servo arm attacks at init 1.

The guess here is that I'm not allowed to use that extra attack with the servo arms instead (that is, 2 PW attacks, 3 Servo Arm attacks at init 1).

If I am in fact allowed to do this, I really don't see a reason not to!

EDIT: poor grammar.

It seems to me that you get the extra attack for having a second weapon in your off hand. Since the harness is in neither hand, you wouldn't be able to claim an offhand CCW bonus. Also, you wouldn't get a extra attack for a PF for the PF/pistol combo, so I would logically extend that to harness.

The extra attack only applies to the Techmarine's weapons - so he gets 2+1 Power Weapon attacks on the charge in this case.

The issue preventing you from giving an extra attack to the Servo-Arms is the Codex description of Servo-Arms and the Servo-Harness. The codex states that a Servo-Arm provides a single Str8 hit. The Servo-Harness states that it comes with 2 servo arms (providing you with 2 Str8 hits). As it is a flat "single attack" there is no way it can be boosted by extra weapons or the charge or anything like that.

Archived