What happens when you drive a Vindicator through a Snowdrift

Espada Azul

Well okay, it's sort of a disaster, but it depending on how you look at things, the end result was okay:

gallery_30361_1764_29762.jpg

gallery_30361_1764_190939.jpg

What you see was the result of, if it was possible, over-spraying Tamiya Matte Varnish. I wasn't trying for a snowed-out effect at all, but apparently if you hit a model one too many times with a thin coat of Tamiya Varnish (with the nozzle not even pointed directly at the model!), THIS happens. Hmm.

I think the accident turned into an amazing effect! it reminds me of the snow-rock salt build up one gets on their cars during the winter season. That looks really cool and I think you may have found a really cool effect! You should try and copy it and make a snow theme. I think it looks GREAT! :P

I had this same sort of thing happen to a model I was spraying varnish on, I later discovered that this can happen if there is a drastic temperature difference between the varnish and the air that it is sprayed in. It was early winter and I stepped outside to spray the model, the varnish was still room temperature.

Definitely have a huge pile of snow on the top, and have a Marine or Scout in a suit, briefcase in one hand, ice scraper in the other. And give him a very pissed off face ;) Typical Man trying to get to work!!

Perhaps a Guy like Lt. Varras? That guy from Macragge? He has a suitcase of Geneseed! Just give him an angry face, and have him furiously attacking that Vindicator with his Ice scraper!!!

Your mistake could make one of the funniest Dioramas I've ever seen!

I really like that actually. You could take that a few ways:

1. Have it be an OTT dust effect

2. Work snow into the recesses and make the light covering dirty snow

3. Model smashed masonry in front of the siege shield (minimal) and make it look like that Vindicator just took a good old fashioned shortcut.

I prefer method 3, as it would explain why your other vehicle models aren't so covered in this effect. I understand that an accidental effect can look cool on it's own but then stick out like a sore thumb when combined with the rest of the army which looks nothing like the model.

Archived