IG Orders, Specifically Move Move and shooting

waaanial00

Hi all,

Recently had a game linky where me and my IG opponent were a little confused. The "move move" order was called then the unit shot, it wasnt particularly game breaking and was actually my suggestion (being the Marine player facing him).

We couldnt figure out whether there was a rule stopping this.

I appreciate that this is a marine forum but I figure knowing the inns and outs of enemy rules are as important as our own. Best be in the know when someone is trying something new.

Hope you can help but if this is against the rules I dont mind this getting closed

Wan

There are several sections of the B&C where it’s appropriate to discuss other armies in the 40K system. Official Rules is definitely one of them. Just check out the specific FAQ /Forum rules or ask one of the Mods if you have any questions.

On pg. 36 of the Guard Codex, under Move! Move! Move! It states, “If the order is successfully issued, the ordered unit immediately runs, rolling three dice and using the highest result when determining how far they move.”

By my read, this command is a modification of a typical Run move used in place of shooting. So the squad would not be able to shoot in the same turn after executing a Move! Move! Move! command, just the same way as after a typical Run move.

Cheers, -OMG

Archived