Bike cover and IG order?

ForTheLion

When bikes turbo boost they gain a 3+ cover save, but the IG order (bring it down i think) negates cover saves. So my question is, logicaly it can negate cover save such as a building or rocks, but speed is dpeed nonetheless and no mater how much they try the laws of physics dictate that unless the bullts of the IG are flying with the light of speed they shouldnt be able to hit something as fast as a bike, hell if theyre traveling at the speed of light they might as well time travel.

Anyway so my question is, does bring it down negate the turbo boost cover save?

bring it down is the wrong order, you're thinking of "on my target"

plus I think it only makes you re-roll successful cover saves, so yes it does work on bikes since they have a cover save when turbo boosting

Edit: bike still get a 3+ armour save so you only need to worry if they're shooting special or heavy weapons, leman russ's can't use it :( (thankfully)

unless the bullts of the IG are flying with the light of speed they shouldnt be able to hit something as fast as a bike, hell if theyre traveling at the speed of light they might as well time travel.

Guard use lasguns, they do travel the speed of light, because it is light. And even if they were using conventional firearms, the speed of the bullet is still fast enouph in comparision to the speed of the bike to be instant. The turbo charge coversave has nothing to do relitve velocities of the bike and bullets, but more to do with dificutly of aiming. Which truethfuly be would be moot as more often than not the bikes are turbocharging toward the enemy (which would actualy make you easy to hit). So trying to argue physics, especialy bad physics, is not the way to go.

However as stated the order simply forces a reroll of successfull saves, not a negation, and yes the bikes have to reroll their saves as well.

Archived