Command Squad Question

Shinryongdo

Yeah, it is not really a matter of sequence. You construct your army, and then you start the game. If you have a Company Champion with Plasma gun and the enemy protests that he cannot get one, claiming "I equipped him with it when he was still a Veteran" is not really going to help.

However, when you give him equipment first, then upgrade him to champ second, he keeps the equipment.

It made me laugh :lol:

QuarterMaster: Sorry bucko, you cant be takin that.

Champion: But a stormshield would be really handy to stop enemy powerweapons and gribblies. Its just sitting there after all.

QuarterMaster: Can I see your clearance?

Champion: Here you go *lays out papers* Im a 150 year veteran against 37 xenos races, and Im trained in Storm Shields and TDA.

QuarterMaster: *looks at the papers* Yep, just like I thought- your over qualified.

Champion: Overqualified? But the Captain can take one!

QuarterMaster: Yeah, he was requalified when he got that promotion. Your kind of in between. No can do.

Champion: *draws powerweapon* Give me the damn stormshield or be prepared to use it.

Quartermaster: *Gulp*.

This is very amusing and all but the rule is that the options are for veterans, the champ isn't a veteran hes a champ; ergo no shield, no plasmagun etc.

The unit options are given before the model options, so you have the upgrade to a champ first. This is because when reading you start at the top, GW don't need to remind you of this anymore than they have to instuct people that rolling dice means to get a random number, not just pick the one you want.

However, when you give him equipment first, then upgrade him to champ second, he keeps the equipment.

Yep, this is against the rules. Company Champion is not a Veteran so far as that entry is concerned. The champion gets a power sword and a combat shield; that's what he gets. So said the reps when peeps have emailed them (though they haven't yet responded to me, I have also sent GW this very question.)

I kind of expect to see this in the next FAQ update...whenever that is. B)

Archived