Drop Pods for CSM

MuGGzy

I have been toying with making a chaos drop pod based force. Using the current plastic drop pod models and making them "chaosy" and using the Dreadclaw rules from the IA Vraks 2 book. It just sounds like it would be unique and pretty fun to play with.

Has anyone used Dreadclaws, old or current rules? Any input or advice you could lend on the topic?

I've used it, it can be fun. Especially when you load it up with Berserkers or a Dreadnought. The great part is it's reusable, unlike it's Imperial counterpart. But also remember, Chaos uses regular Drop Pods too. If you want the rules, pick up IA:7, that way you get the rules for a slew of other neat Chaos units.

• 4 weeks later...

Scratch built a dread claw a few years ago when the rules first came out, it was fun for games unfortunately it got squashed while moving house.

Nowadays if I were doing a drop pod force I would be tempted to just use the marine codex, or use the drop pods in an Apocalypse game.

Dread Claws are best used on big table, and big games as you can reuse them after they land. And the model is bigger than the drop pod.

Question: how many drop pods are you talking about 5-10?

Archived