Last Man Standing - Is this (or was this ever) a rule?

thade

Today I'm playing my buddy in a really evenly matched fun game at the club, and the resident Club Annoying Kid comes over and sees that I have one lone space marine standing on a hill (the last surviving member of his unit).

"Has he been taking Last Man Standing tests?"

"He took his morale test; he stood his ground. He's not leaving."

"No no, Last Man Standing rule. Every turn he has to take a morale check, Space Marine or no."

"Um. Never heard of it."

In fact, every few days I read the rulebook cover to cover, and I swear I haven't seen this. I dug through the index and the morale chapter and saw nothing like it. Then I got my hands on a 4E book (thinking it was from there) and I see it. So, it's a 4E throwback.

I'm just posting here to make sure that I am in fact correct. Was the "Last Man Standing" rule abandoned in 5E? If not, can you point me to what page it's on in the 5E core book?

I really appreciate it. =) Thanks!

The "Last Man Standing" rule was introduced in 3rd Edition (p. 71, 3rd Ed. BBB) and carried over into 4th Edition (p. 49, 4th Ed. BBB). It has been dropped for 5th Edition though, and no longer applies. Single surviving models are now able to claim or contest mission objectives as well.

Today I'm playing my buddy in a really evenly matched fun game at the club, and the resident Club Annoying Kid comes over and sees that I have one lone space marine standing on a hill (the last surviving member of his unit).

"Has he been taking Last Man Standing tests?"

"He took his morale test; he stood his ground. He's not leaving."

"No no, Last Man Standing rule. Every turn he has to take a morale check, Space Marine or no."

"Um. Never heard of it."

If someone claims there is a rule you haven't heard of, get them to show you. There, problem solved :D

He just sits there and badgers, saying "I know it, I've looked it up like ten times!" Mind you, while this behavior pattern is that of a 12-yr old, I swear this man is at least in his mid-20s.

Ah well. In any case, my lone missile-launcher guy standing atop a hill all by himself was perfectly legal. First turn he shot and glanced a predator..crew shaken, ignored as the tank was possessed. Then my opponent's defiler at long range wiped out the rest of his squad in one shot, leaving him all alone. He fired five more times that game, always evading death and NOT MOVING...he proceeded to hammer the predator into a shattered hulk (went thru several of its weaps and an immobilized before scoring Wrecked).

Thanks, guys.

Mind you, while this behavior pattern is that of a 12-yr old, I swear this man is at least in his mid-20s.

Screw you too. Age has nothing to do with how someone acts, thank you very much.

Remember Eyecrossed, just because your awesome with a side of fries doesnt mean that everyone of your peers is. Ive got long curly hair, a laid back demeanor with a friendly face, and I like the woods alot- most people think Im a hippy and assume Im strung out or stoned most of the time.... even though I dont smoke anything. Never cared to.

Nothin personal.

Archived