Apothecary

Azulz

After, DA Codex pg. 25 "... to ignore a failed save (of any sort)."

You have to make a save to fail it, or have it bypass your Armour (as in plasma weapons)

I'm not sure if I understand your reply, SeattleDV8.

1. It ignores a failed save, meaning you must make the save first. I agree here.

2. You must have made a save to have something to ignore, so wounds that bypass armor saves on models without a cover save or invulnerable save would not be ignored. No saving throw was ever taken.

After, DA Codex pg. 25 "... to ignore a failed save (of any sort)."

You have to make a save to fail it, or have it bypass your Armour (as in plasma weapons)

I'm not sure if I understand your reply, SeattleDV8.

1. It ignores a failed save, meaning you must make the save first. I agree here.

2. You must have made a save to have something to ignore, so wounds that bypass armor saves on models without a cover save or invulnerable save would not be ignored. No saving throw was ever taken.

the save is automaticly failed, a wound that removes models (or removes a wound on multiwound) models is called unsaved, even if the model never rolled a save.

the save is automaticly failed, a wound that removes models (or removes a wound on multiwound) models is called unsaved, even if the model never rolled a save.

The rules for armour penetration do not describe it as automatically failing the save. They describe it so that the model does not get to make a save at all. Failing a save and not getting a save is not exactly the same, even though both will result in an unsaved wound. The Dark Angels Narthecium does not work on unsaved wounds though, but they require a failed save.

Yep, just like FNP with a current SM Apoth, the older rules would apply to ignoring a save-able save.

"I'm shot doc" ...."Don't worry about that, gotcha covered"..."but...It was a plasma round"...."OK, sorry bud, time to remove the gene seed..."...click click pull...

Archived