Void Shield

Azulz

In a recent game of Planetstrike I foolishly put all my eggs in one basket.I spent all 5 of my strategems on one bastion the obj in the middle. Two points for the super stronghold one, one point for ammo store, and two for void shield. What happened was my opponent chose the crash and burn strategem which hit said babstion with one of the pieces of debris. the debris inflicted three hits.

First question is do they all hit the void shield? When he rolled to penetrate he rolled two sixes and one four.

Would the void sheild take all these hits or would the first one deactivate the shield?

Second if the first hit deactivates the sheild then how do I determine which dice went to the shield and which to the bastion?

My opponent said that the four glanced the sheild taking it out then the sixes penetrated the bastion bringing it down.

Was anything done wrong in this situation because I feel like I got jypt with the opponent being able to say which dice hit what and I would like to think that the void sheild would absorb all the hits, but thats why I am asking?

In that situation I would resolve each hit in turn- IE roll one penetration roll, if it drops the shield work on the bastion, if not return to knocking down the shield. This seems fair and balanced.

IF your opponent wants to argue that because shooting is simultaneous that all shots are taken against the void shield I would in turn argue that it has a seperate AV that is different than the Bastions- that it is in all intents and purposes its own vehicle and thus rolls of penetration cannot roll over onto the bastion.

When the opponent objected, as 9/10 would, I would then return to suggestion one penetration roll after the other as a fair way to go about things. If they accepted the latter idea, I would discuss it with them after the game.

I would not accept that a 2 point strategem would have such a crippling drawback.

Thank you that is exactly how I felt. What is the point of a shield if a weapon shooting at it with more than one shot can just move on to the bastion? To make the game move a bit smoother I would agree rolling one dice at a time but IMHO that isnt how the void sheild should or was meant to work.

Of course I know that you cant shoot at multiple units unless you have a specific entry in codex that says you can, but how would I reference this in the planetstrike book or BRB since the debris is hitting multiple targets "within" each other? I mean would the debris hit a tank then proceed to bombard the troops within it if the tank was destroyed? I would really like to hear some other people's opinions on this situation about how to come to a reasonable solution or how the strategem is actually supposed to work. I just cant accept that the debris can move onto a target within the primary target. But if I'm wrong then cool at least I get a definite answer.

Archived