A Question About Hurricane Bolters

captain sox

Yes. and since they are mounted on a vehicle, they get no penalty for moving.

That means EACH one gets 3 bolter shots up to 24 inches or 6 shots up to 12, and can re-roll all misses.

On top of this, they are defensive weapons (str is 4 or less) so they can be fired in addition to the number of weapons normally allowed when moving up to combat speed. This means a LRC can move 6 inches, fire its 1 gun (twin assault cannon) normally allowed by the vehicle rules, fire a second gun (pintle mounted multimelta upgrade, for instance) due to its Machine Spirit rule, and then still fire all defensive weapons (both hurricane bolters)! So with a LRC, it matters not whether you stand still or move 6 inches, as you can still fire all guns (but if you move over 6 then only 1 gun from the Machine spirit can fire, and no defensives.)

This is all true, but recall that only the weapon that you fire with Machine Spirit can select a target different from the rest of your weapons. So you will often times find you can only fire one sponson weapon as a "defensive weapon" as both won't be able to trace line of sight to the same target.

Yeah but GK crusaders make out like bandets anyway, what with the multimelta and extra armor standard, for an extra 5 pts, I would take it.

Well, GK Crusaders are stuck using the old Assault Cannon that's just Heavy 3 instead of Heavy 4 Rending, which makes the GK Crusader a bit less awesome than it would normally be. I'd rather have the ability to move 12" and fire the hurricane bolters than a good assault cannon though, and the 20 pts of free upgrades vs. SM Crusaders is also pretty nice.

Yeah but GK crusaders make out like bandets anyway, what with the multimelta and extra armor standard, for an extra 5 pts, I would take it.

Well, GK Crusaders are stuck using the old Assault Cannon that's just Heavy 3 instead of Heavy 4 Rending, which makes the GK Crusader a bit less awesome than it would normally be. I'd rather have the ability to move 12" and fire the hurricane bolters than a good assault cannon though, and the 20 pts of free upgrades vs. SM Crusaders is also pretty nice.

indeed, 12" move with the hurricane bolters taking down hordes and the PoTMS firing the multi melta at big gribblys

Archived