Scout Bikes and scout move

McFisty

I have searched for this without finding an answer so please forgive me if this has been addressed before. I was told by another player that scout bikes can move 12" and even turbo boost 24" during their scout move. Is this true? How far can scout bikes move during their scout move? The rules state that a unit with scout move can make a "normal" movement during its scout move. To me this means at least 12" for a bike unit but I'm not sure about the turbo boost. Any thoughts or suggestions concerning this would be most appreciated.

McFisty

Yes they can Turbo boost during a scout move.

BRB FAQ

"Q. Can bikes Turbo Boost during their Scout

move?

A. Yes they now can, but remember that they

have to remain more than 12” away from the

enemy as they move."

Note that DA bikes still are disallowed from turbo-boosting in the scout move by codex rules.

Isiah is completely right, but in all my games ive yet to use this rule... scout bikes can infiltrate so deploy after your opponents units wherever you want (not within 18"), since scout move only gets you 6" closer you generally dont need turbo boost.

Gc08

Thank you for the answers so far but I'm still not clear on how far a "normal" move for scout bikes is. It seems everyone agrees that they can turbo boost but can they move up to 12" as is "normal" for scout bikes?

Thanks,

McFisty

• 4 weeks later...
Right.

DA scout bikes are specifically disallowed the "turbo" move in their FAQ.

The other marines don't have this restriction. Sucks to be RW.

Correct ,but for the wrong reason.

DA bikes (there are no DA scout bikes, although the bikes have the scout USR) are disallowed turbo-boost by the DA: codex.

All other units are allowed to turbo-boost in their scout move by FAQ.

Isiah is completely right, but in all my games ive yet to use this rule... scout bikes can infiltrate so deploy after your opponents units wherever you want (not within 18"), since scout move only gets you 6" closer you generally dont need turbo boost.

Gc08

Turbo-Boost = 3+ Cover Save is why.

Archived