Ironclad loadouts

joeshmoe

Hello people.

I am wondering if someone can clear up some stuff concerning Ironclad loadouts.

1) is the number of attacks the same w/ the DCCW and Seismic hammer and the DCCW and Chainfist? Are they both 3 attackes at strength 10?

2) If I use the Hurricane bolters and either the Chain fist or Seismic Hammer are the number of attacks 2 at strength 10 even though I only have one close combat Weapon?

3) So even though this is a much larger chain fist than the one the Terminators get is it the same effect?

Any other clarification concerning close combat attacks and weapon differentiation is much appreciated. I am going to love drop podding 2 of these bad boys at a time...i can just tell Mosh Pit madness, especially with a drop podded asssault terminator squad (can you drop pod assault terminators?)

1. Don't know.

2. Yes.

3. Yes, but at strength 10 instead of the Termie's strength 8.

Yes, you can drop pod up to 6 terminators (assault or tactical) in a drop pod. The drop pod can seat 12, Termies take two spots each. 5 termies and an HQ or 6 termies.

EDIT: Can anyone else confirm the above? I just checked the Codex and can't find anywhere that Termies are allowed to take a drop pod...

Remember, though, that if you have drop pods you MUST drop half (rounded up) of your drop pods on the first turn as per the Drop Pod Assault rules.

especially with a drop podded asssault terminator squad (can you drop pod assault terminators?)

Independant Characters in Terminator Armor can be in drop pods, Terminator Squads cannot. They may only take Land Raiders as dedicated transports.

1) is the number of attacks the same w/ the DCCW and Seismic hammer and the DCCW and Chainfist? Are they both 3 attackes at strength 10?

Not sure, but I'd say no. A seismic hammer is pretty much a DCCW with the bonus on vehicle damage table. However, a chainfist is descirbed as following the same rules for power fists, with an extra D6 or armour pen. Power fists can only get an additional attack if they are paired with another power fist. A DCCW isn't a power fist, it's a DCCW, so IMO the chainfist would not grant an additional attack, so you get 2 attacks base, +1 charging, and strike I1 as well. That's how I see it.

2) If I use the Hurricane bolters and either the Chain fist or Seismic Hammer are the number of attacks 2 at strength 10 even though I only have one close combat Weapon?

Yes, a Dreadnought has 2 attacks basic.

3) So even though this is a much larger chain fist than the one the Terminators get is it the same effect

Yes, and IMO including the initiative decrease.

Not sure, but I'd say no. A seismic hammer is pretty much a DCCW with the bonus on vehicle damage table. However, a chainfist is descirbed as following the same rules for power fists, with an extra D6 or armour pen. Power fists can only get an additional attack if they are paired with another power fist. A DCCW isn't a power fist, it's a DCCW, so IMO the chainfist would not grant an additional attack, so you get 2 attacks base, +1 charging, and strike I1 as well. That's how I see it.

Page 73 of the rules. Since the dread is armed with 2 close combat weapons, it gets the extra attack. It does not specify that they have to be called 'dreadnaught close combat weapons'.

RoV

Page 73 of the rules. Since the dread is armed with 2 close combat weapons, it gets the extra attack. It does not specify that they have to be called 'dreadnaught close combat weapons'.

RoV

Must have missed that. Well I'd say you could possibly get the extra attacks, I'd discuss it with your opponent though, there could be an argument that like a power fist and close combat weapon (which are both close combat weapons), the Dread won't get another attack.

Like I said, I'm not sure about that, but I'd take the reasoning from page 73.

Archived