Sons of Russ

Emperor's Scourge

Just got this in the mail today. Space Wolves Venerable Dreadnought from Forgeworld. Pics don't do it justice...its a REALLY cool sculpt. It did arrive with a fair amount of flash around the banner and a mould gate sticking out from the back of the torso. The only real complaint I have is that it arrived with one of the spear tips on the banner broken off. Since it wasn't in the bag it had to have been human error. Haven't done any work to it yet since I didn't get arms and I'm toying with the idea of sculpting my own scenic base out of greenstuff.(I don't really care for the Mark IV scenic base FW sells LOOKING FOR SCENIC BASING TUTORIALS FYI) Putting this up because I haven't seen very many posted around here and figured someone might like to see it unpacked.

gallery_40480_4608_18473.jpg

gallery_40480_4608_1064752.jpg

gallery_40480_4608_1180533.jpg

This thing is soooo cool in person I just want to put it together right now, but I should really wait until I have work done on the base and I've bought arms for it. Starting off with FW Plasma Cannon and CCW since he'll be my Counts As Bjorn or a regular dreadnought in small games.

Dry fitted SW Dreadnought no arms and without the banner/fur loin cloth:

gallery_40480_4272_130234.jpg

New Great Wolf resin model I just got in the mail from Maxmini.eu:

gallery_40480_4272_405362.jpg

gallery_40480_4272_80590.jpg

Wolf looks really good. I'm definitely pleased. Especially since they sent me a free pack of Steam Knights heads since the first wolf they sent got lost in the mail. I'm thinking of either magnetizing the waist or just giving him a Thunderhammer/Storm Shield combo.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 9 months later...

Archived