Adeptus Mechanicus SM

Emre

Hi there everyone!

There is a project i've been trying to finish. I play Ultramarines and i plan to include a sub-chapter under the supervision of my SM in my army. I call my army as the Guards of Konor (The Adeptus Mechanicus Research World on the Map). They are basically in the Mechanicus planet of an Ultramarine planetary system. So, to make it short, same SM rules, but a concept painting of a Mechanic army! Here is my first works... Please share your thoughts...

http://lh5.ggpht.com/_VuW4lXPvKBA/Sq5i5NTCuvI/AAAAAAAAAKU/9adHnpVKonw/s640/IMG_0016.JPG

http://lh3.ggpht.com/_VuW4lXPvKBA/Sq5i5MAgwkI/AAAAAAAAAKQ/HmfjomeE8m4/s512/IMG_0017.jpg

http://lh3.ggpht.com/_VuW4lXPvKBA/SjTnyf7FhaI/AAAAAAAAAII/mKUi6GMahmM/s640/IMG_0343.JPG

And a rookie question... How do we upload high res. photos here? Because they look much better that way:)

An interesting concept. It will fall short on the fluff, but not everyone cares about that. Your painting is good, not brilliant, and seems a little flat to me. I find going dark flesh, scab red, blood red works. Two thin layers of each over black. Or something other than blood red, cos it comes out very bright.

hell yeah! they look sweet man!

as a suggestion, too many human limbs i think. a mechanical arm or leg here or there would really enhance the overall bionic look of them. best of all, they're easy to make. you can use sprue, banner poles, bits of wire, guitar strings, hell even lego! i made bionic legs for wolves using some sprue, a chuppa chup stick and a banner pole, and they turned out great.

if you don't feel that confident scratch building limbs, you could probably use necron parts in a pinch, or get some of the older lead SM figures with bionic limbs and get handy with a hacksaw. the space wolves iron priest has a nice arm and there's an old wolf guard figure with a bionic leg

also, you can upload high res photos to the gallery section of your profile i think.

I really really like it, Ive been playing with the same idea, but havnt been able to come up with a fluff wise excuse to have black power armour and the red together in the same chapter.

So if you dont mind Ill borrow your idea with a sub chapter in the chapter, dedicated to the forge!

Love it! Cant wait to see more!!

Ill just share my forge dread, not to steal any thunder from your post mate, simply to inspire!! ;)

:)

http://img20.imageshack.us/img20/5381/004jhf.jpg

Thanks for the ideas friends. My next unit is an Ironclad Dread. I will post it as soon as its over. And Captain Mike you said that it is not the best, what colors or improvements you suggest? Your guess of my color scheme is just right... I failed in layering for red since i fear to make them more warmer and colorful red compared to their rusty and dark look now? Any other ideas?

And another question> As you can see in my minis i use Apdeptus shoulder pads, chests and finally bionic heads. They come with SM vehicles. Anyone know where can i find more of them for a cheap price in and around Netherlands?

Cool idea. As some people have said, the fluff may not be completely legit, so why not say that they're ... Techmarines in training, sent from their Chapters to learn the trade. The Techmarine can be a permanent attachment to the unit (perhaps an emissary or consul of the Astartes) who lives on Mars to further refine his knowledge and guide the Space Marines in adjusting to their knew lives. You could probably justify having a Chaplain there for this reason as well.

Archived