Iron Warriors Question?

Shenaniganz

I haven't seen the chaos codex in a while and i was wondering if they could still take it?

No. CSM armies can no longer take basilisks. For that matter, there is no longer any such thing as an "iron warriors" army outside of your own personal fluff. They're all just different-colored CSM in the eyes of the new codex. The author of the new CSM codex has explained some of his reasoning for taking away that and other options in this article on his blog.

-GK

If your opponent agrees, or in apoc games. My favorite thing about apoc games is taking my twin basilisks. Some people don't like the idea of mixing units from armies because you could get additional advantages from doing so but people see the basilisks as very fluffy and know that is why I take them. I've yet to have a complaint about them.

The author of the new CSM codex has explained some of his reasoning for taking away that and other options in this article on his blog.

I'm glad I read that. I actually disliked him even more through most of that article. The very last paragraph about the CSMs rose him up a notch. Talked a LOT about part of the reason there was no fluff or anything on the legions was that they intended to create specific books for those legions. Then he talked about how that was how it was when we had the index astartes. So all well in good.... assuming Codex:Legions had already came out ;) .

Archived