Very noobish question

FF151

Hey guys,

I am sorry to have to post newb questions guys, but I am trying to learn the rules on my own so I can teach my family. Because of work, kids, etc, I really don't have time to get out to my local gaming store and learn from experienced guys.

I am still learning the basics but I would like to make sure that I am using the rules correctly as I have interpretted them. The terminator below is from the AOBR kit having a power fist and storm bolter. Figuring on the assault amount, am I correct?

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3105/3219948447_ed7e2f54ae.jpg

Because his hands are holding two separate weapons, does he get the (+1) for two close combat weapons?

I.e. Base attacks (2) + (1) for two close combat single handed weapons +(1) if they move into assault.

If I am correct, then I am assuming the same logic would apply to the sarg...

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3304/3225586745_03e85d6941.jpg

I didn't think it was, but applying what I read in the rule book, if both hands are holding a different weapon, they recieve the extra attack? Am I then incorrect to give these Orks the extra combat attack?

(2) base + (1) two single handed weapons?

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3023/3092890923_0fa6fdc79a.jpg

Here are a few rules to help clear this up for you.

A ‘pistol’ is a specific type of weapon that can be used in both the Shooting phase & in the Close Combat phase adding +1 attack along with a second close combat weapon; e.g. Bolt Pistol & Chainsword. In the BRB, pg. 29 you can read the specific rules concerning pistols & when the +1 attack is earned.

As stated, loyal terminators are equipped with Stormbolters, standard which are not actually pistols. From a rational thinking standpoint, firing a single handed gun sure would seem to qualify as a pistol but not so in game terms.

Also, the close combat weapon employed by loyal terminators are Power Fists. In their case, even if the Stormbolter was replaced by an actual pistol type weapon you still wouldn’t get the +1 attack. On pg. 42 of the BRB it states that Power Fists are a special case where only a pair of power fists will every allow for the +1 attack in close combat. Combining them with other close combat weapons, pistols or otherwise will not yield the extra attack.

So terminators are base 2 attacks +1 on the charge so for the most part they provide either 2 or 3 attacks per model.

-OMG

So to review, you dont +1 for two different weapons, you get +1 for two CLOSE COMBAT weapons. Pistols count as close combat wepons. (so a powersword and a bolt pistol will at +1 attack)

Certain weapons can only get the extra attack if equiped with an identical weapon (power fist, lightning claw, thunder hammer) (so a fist and a chainsword does not give a bonus attack, two powerfist would)

Moreover if you have more than one special close combat weapons (aka not basic CCW) then you also do not get the bonus attack, but may chose to attack with either special weapon.

Charging gives +1 attack unless the oponent has defensive grenades

Archived