Guns 'N Roses: Grendelwulf's Adepta Sororitas

CDR Grendelwulf

@Horus Aximand: Yeah, I have to do something about those legs. Yes, I am planning more tabards, etc. This was just a quickie-change to see how it would look.

@Terrible_Trygon: Aye-aye, sir! I wasn't going for neatness, as should have been apparent. The flamer-thing was a combi-flamer suggested by Commander Remiel, again, just to see what I could do on a moment's whim.

@ShinyRhino: My sisters can't be anorexic? Yes, yes, yes...again, the legs need work.

@Commander Remiel: It makes perfect sense. Legs = bad!

@Keyoz Devastrius: Metal Apostole's models...Aiyeeee!!!! I ain't even gonna pretend to think I am THAT good of a sculptor. Ayechiwawwa!!! Now, Doghouse's are more within my scope. @%&! has done a great job with the legs...

I really need to get some more bitz. I will be ordering the Bretonnian, Marauder, Daemonette & Elf bitz later this week. I promise. I will not rest until I can have a decent pair of legs to stand on! ;)

@war009: Oh, c'mon war009, finish the sentence as you really wanted to:

"I like the look of the hooded head aiming down the flamer, it kept me from looking at those spindly chicken-legs!"

Beornling 3.1415: LOL!

I do appreciate your C&C's everyone. Keep them coming.

Ciao,

CDR Grendelwulf

@Commander Remiel: It makes perfect sense. Legs = bad!
;)

This is by far the most ambitious of your three Militant Chambers projects. I do not think the Deathwatch and Grey Knights combined will cause you as much difficulty as figuring out how to do the Sisters. But I am pulling for you. It is going to interesting to see DIY versions of the Chambers Militant.

This is by far the most ambitious of your three Militant Chambers projects. I do not think the Deathwatch and Grey Knights combined will cause you as much difficulty as figuring out how to do the Sisters. But I am pulling for you. It is going to interesting to see DIY versions of the Chambers Militant.

I appreciate the support. I actually have a 4th project, but it is staying in my planning notebook for now. No more threads to get me into trouble! ;)

My primary project is the Deathwatch since they are the closest to completion. I still have some tweaking to do with the plastic GK's gorget and nemesis weapons, although I have most of the bitz I need. The Sisters will take a little more of an investment, both $$ and time, but it will be worth the challenge!

Ciao,

CDR Grendelwulf

I appreciate the support. My primary project is the Deathwatch since they are the closest to completion. I still have some tweaking to do with the plastic GK's gorget and nemesis weapons, although I have most of the bitz I need. The Sisters will take a little more of an investment, both $$ and time, but it will be worth the challenge!

Good luck. I will get that spreadsheet to you later today and include the pages I have for my DIY GK project which includes alternate bitz, etc. It includes various weapons (other than halberds and swords).

If get the chance, I will type up some of the notes I have on the alternate weapons as well and send them along.

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, I had to have another go at the eldar bitz as I haven't gotten out to get Bretonnian bitz.

After taking the time to shave down the eldar backpack & stones:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v205/Grendelwulf/CM/SBX4a.jpghttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v205/Grendelwulf/CM/SBX4b.jpg

The Dark Eldar head is there until I get some bald daemonette heads to play with. I still feel a need to have a partial helm. Maybe some fantasy bitz will fit.

C&C welcome...

Ciao,

CDR Grendelwulf

It seems that the biggest holdback from getting the power armour look is that there are too many eldaresque motifs still there. I'm not sure what it's called these days... 'flak armour' back in 2nd and 3rd ed, the eldar legs are smaller armour plates worn on top of a softer layer. Power armour however is enclosed. Maybe what you could do is smooth putty over the edges of the plates to make it look more enclosed and less like eldar technology. I used milliput for mine since it cures brittle and you can carve and file down any mistakes you might've made. As for the skill required, it's really not hard! The human finger is a much underrated sculpting tool :) Just put a roll along the edge you want to cove, smooth it with your finger then tidy it up if you need. By covering up eldar forms, you'll also make the legs look a little bit bigger, which will also solve the problem of them being a bit top heavy.

As for heads, i think putting hair on eldar and dark eldar heads would be easier than daemonettes.. most have wierd eyes or noses which get in the way of the human look.

Re. shoulders, take a look around for grave guard shoulder pads, they're of a good size but kinda hard to get a hold of. Or maybe the pauldrons you get on marine terminators?

Archived