Land Raider Forward Gun

Novasry

k guys, this is something thats come up in a few of my games recently, the forward weapon on a Land Raider (Heavy Bolter or Assault Cannon), how is it mounted, it seems most people beleive it is a fixed hull mount, but it's the same turret mount that goes on the Razorback, so i think it should have prtty much full LOS off the front of the tank, rather then just 45 degrees because it definatly isn't fixed...

http://www.fightingtigersofveda.com/LRCemperorsfist.jpg

this image clearly shows the turret firing off on more then a 45 degree angle so surely TLOS dictates it is not a Hull Mounted Weapon

so forums, what do you think...

Use its' actual range of motion to determine the arc of fire. I remember GW (cannot remember where though) indicating vehicle mounted weapons should be counted as having a firing arc equal to the actual arc the weapon on the model could move (even if glued in place).

For example, Predator and Land Raider sponsons are capable of just over 180 degrees of movement (only restricted by the hull) while a Leman Russ's are 90 degrees due to the design of the sponson. By using the model's arc of fire makes it much easier to determine what it can hit and less arguing about where to measure the arc from.

That would mean the Land Raider hull gun's arc of fire should calculated the same way. It would be about 90 degrees (never actually measured it).

Id say the top turet or cuppola has the 360º (where the melta is) the assault cannon base mount ithout the gun attached culd rotate 360 but the mounted gun will bump the hull if you are shooting at anything on the same terrain level.

Archived