A few questions.

Aetherian

1) At my local gamestore a debate has arisen as to whether or not Monstrous Creatures are immune to Instant Death. The majority of the players claim that they are. I'm a new player myself and so have little experience or knowledge on the subject, but I've looked under the Instant Death rules as well as the Monstrous Creature rules and didn't see anything in line with this claim. So, my question is, are they immune and if they are, where would one find the rule saying such?

2) The rules state that in the Assault Phase, a unit may only assault the unit that it fired at in the Shooting Phase. What happens if the target unit is wiped out by the shooting? Can the firing unit assault another target or is it unable to assault at all?

3) On the same subject of assaulting a unit that you fired at, can the firing unit assault multiple enemies so long as its original target is included in the assault or is it still restricted to just the original target?

1. They might be thinking of Tyranids, which are for the most part (when they're in synaptic range) immune to Instant Death.

2. They can't assault another target.

3. You can assault multiple units (must include the original), so long as you can keep in squad cohesion.

pg 67, right above the box on dedicated transports.

All monsterous creatures are not imune to instant death, most are however. Off the top of my head the only ones I can think of that are not immune are wraithlords, The Avatar (which is kinda odd when you think of it), and carnifex. Though the carnifex will often be subject to the synapse rule which make it imune to instant death.

In a multi assult remember that the first unit you assult must be the one you shot at (no called the declared unit), and you must start with the your closest model going to the closest model of the declared unit. All normal assult move rules still apply so you must try to reach base contact with an enemy model and stay in coherence with already moved models, which can make it tough multi assult

Archived