+Story+ +WIP+ Bit of background story for Nestir V

WelshMullet

The Validus Justica floated idly in high orbit around Nestir V, it’s gigantic size unnoticed as it silently moved at thousands of miles an hour. The captain of the ship sat at his station on the bridge, and surveyed the readout about his excellent craft that was being displayed on his monitor. She was a Space Marine Battlecruizer, one of the finest ships that the Imperium of Mankind could build, and home to many thousands of crew members, soldiers, servitors and tech adepts.

A servo-skull floated past the captain’s bare head, his black hair cut short on the top and sides, but left longer at the back. The lights from the servo-skull’s many probes and eyes illuminated the deep battle scars that criss-crossed his Caucasian face, and reflected of his tired, grey eyes. He wore the trade mark Powered Armour of the Adeptus Astrates, the Space Marines, the Angels of Death. It was Ultramarine blue in colour, but it was almost pristine, as it was more important to the captain than his face.

First off, as this is a story for the current AoD, it goes into the AoD sub-forum, not Liber Comminsicor or PCA > WIP.

Secondly Im glad you decided to make a story MWAM! :D

I would like to know more about where you want to take it though, so I can ensure it stays in-line with the rest of the overall story.

Now, onto a few comments and questions:

The Validus Justica
Who does this ship belong to? Is it your character? What faction?

floated idly in high orbit around Nestir V, it’s gigantic size unnoticed as it silently moved at thousands of miles an hour.
Not sure if moving at a thousand miles an hour counts as floating idly, but given that such speeds are needed even to stay in geosynchronous orbit with a planet I guess it would.

I think we should stick with the metric system for AoD stories though, so I hope you go with thousands of kilometers an hour instead.

it’s gigantic size unnoticed as it silently moved at thousands of miles an hour.
Given that I have mapped out 40 ships around Nestir V, and that list is incomplete, plus that Nestir has an active defense satellite network consisting of of hundreds of satellites and an Imperial Crusade sitting on top of it that watches the planet and it's orbital space with Aquila eyes, it would be near impossible for a 8km long ship, moving at that speed to be unnoticed for long.

Well, at least in the AoD's current time-frame. - What time-frame will this story be set in?

The captain of the ship sat at his station on the bridge, and surveyed the readout about his excellent craft that was being displayed on his monitor.
Who is he, what faction does he belong to, and what is he doing here?

Guess I will get more answers to this in the continuation of the story.

She was a Space Marine Battlecruizer, one of the finest ships that the Imperium of Mankind could build, and home to many thousands of crew members, soldiers, servitors and tech adepts.
Ok, either Strike Cruiser or Battle Barge. Given the amount of crew I guess it would be a Battle Barge.

It's a good start.

Keep working on it! :D

CMG

thanks for the advice CMG. I'll move the whole story to the AoD forum now, and make a few changes, then get started on the next part.

Thus this thread can prolly be locked now.

Do i PM a mod to make that happen?

also, sorry about the Mph , Km/h thing, i live in the UK, where we can use both! :D

New page for story, now with UPDATE!

edit: added link to the thread in AoD

Archived