Delaying a Drop Pod Assault

Cptn. Palladorus

C:SM p. 69 under the heading Drop Pod Assault reads:

At the beginning of your first turn, you must choose half of your drop pods (rounding up) to make a 'Drop Pod Assault'. Units making a Drop Pod Assault arrive on the player's first turn.

That seems pretty definite to me, but I was wondering if there's any way to delay the assault until a later turn?

None that I can think of. The closest thing would be using Tigurius to affect when the rest of them turn up, as you can use him to re-roll reserve rolls, even successful ones. However, the first turn drop pods MUST arrive at the start of the first turn.

Well it depends on your list- if you take a Pod for every unit that can possibly have one, but dont deploy half or more of them in their pods you can choose to drop the full pods later.

But thats about all you can do- you cant garauntee when that later drop will be, nor can you garauntee theyll come in together.

Unless its apocalypse.

I was hoping to leave half of my army on the ground as a gunline and bait the enemy into lining up neat and orderly, then drop the rest of the army on one flank and roll them up. But it doesn't look like that will work. I'm sure I can think of another way to do it though.

Well like grey said, if you give that half the army on the groun drop pods, they dont have to be in them, you can drop empty pods for the drop pod assult.

Archived