Halloweeners

astindextor

Hi all. I've been trying to figure out a colour scheme for my unalaigned Chaos Marines for a while now. I think I like this scheme enough to stick with it. I haven't come up with a name for my Legion yet, so they're nicknamed the Halloweeners for now...

http://i294.photobucket.com/albums/mm98/astindextor/Halloweeners.jpg

http://i294.photobucket.com/albums/mm98/astindextor/Halloweeners2.jpg

I like them, it reminds me of the gangs from Shadowrun.

Not gonna lie, that's where the name came from. If I could remotely sculpt, I would go with it and sculpt little jack-o-lanterns for them... >_>

:P you should model one with a lil halloween bucket!!! call it a melta bomb xD

I like them, it reminds me of the gangs from Shadowrun.

Not gonna lie, that's where the name came from. If I could remotely sculpt, I would go with it and sculpt little jack-o-lanterns for them... >_>

Haha nice nice. Make the Jack-O-Lantern their shoulder icon. Should be fairly easy to do really.

I not going to lie but that is the funniest and greatest, holiday themed amy i have ever seen. If you don`t mind using non GW models for your army, i think you should use Reaper Pumpkin Golem for a DP.

Link--- http://www.reapermini.com/Miniatures/pumpkin/latest/03377

Cut that thing at the waist, attach it to a Spawn or a Prince, add wings, and you have a legal DP

should name them samhain (the old celtic name for the holiday that became holloween), or something with samhain in the name.

Corpse is right, kinda looks simular to the pyre.

The "pyre of samhain" maybe. Ironicly part of the samhain ceremony was to light giant fires on hill tops. Could make them a splinter group of the pyre or an elite group of the pyre, or have no conection at all if you don't want...just brain storming.

i like the idea of Samhain. maybe make that the name of their homeworld, where there's a bit of a witchy cult thing going on? yes i know there's witchy cult things going on all over the shop in the 41st mil but i'm talking about how the thousand sons based their legion heraldry off of the egyptiany lads that lived on prospero. ancient cultures that sorta picked up off terra back in the day when the cool thing to do was to, migrate from terra round the galaxy and only recently they've been found, practising old "witchcraft" and seeing these warriors clad in armour like that scared the bejeezus out of them and now they worship them as gods.

wow that went on longer than expected.

take it or leave it xD

-Doosh

Sounds like one of the eldar craftworlds doens't it?

There is a craftworld that sounds like that (don't know if it's spelled same or not). Samhain, is however, the old Celtic ceramony, they thought the vail between this world and the next was thinnest on that night, and ghosts and spirits could & did come through. You wore scarry masks and costumes so if an evil spirit saw you, he would think you were another evil spirit and leave you alone.

The whole thing wouyld tie into the whole warp/daemon thing really well I think.

Sounds like one of the eldar craftworlds doens't it?

There is a craftworld that sounds like that (don't know if it's spelled same or not). Samhain, is however, the old Celtic ceramony, they thought the vail between this world and the next was thinnest on that night, and ghosts and spirits could & did come through. You wore scarry masks and costumes so if an evil spirit saw you, he would think you were another evil spirit and leave you alone.

The whole thing wouyld tie into the whole warp/daemon thing really well I think.

Sounds like a good fluff excuse to try Possessed.

I'm gettin' kinda jealous of these Holloweeners and pyre guys, the fluff and modeling possiblities are wide open.

They can make their own fluff, and B&C being such a far reaching medium, it just might stick. :lol:

Hi all. I've been trying to figure out a color scheme for my unaligned Chaos Marines for a while now. I think I like this scheme enough to stick with it. I haven't come up with a name for my Legion yet, so they're nicknamed the Halloweeners for now...

I like this enough to actually register and say I like it. Would you mind if I used it as well? I will give you credit. I love Halloween. Feel free to PM me and discuss it.

Archived