Witch Hunters as Allies questions...

ShinyRhino

Had a couple questions on taking WitchHunters as allies.

First, several Adeptas Sororitas units allow an Immolator to be taken as a transport. The codex calls these Transports, not Dedicated Transports as the newer codecii do. If I take a valid non-Heavy Support unit as an ally (I'm thinking of building a Templars+Sisters army), can I also take their Transport Immolator? Is such a selection a Dedicated Transport for a unit, or not?

Also, the Witch Hunters codex allows Priests to be taken as HQ choices that don't count toward FOC slots. I am assuming that if you take a Priest as an ally, it still does not take up the 0-1 HQ selection for the allied Witch Hunters' FOC, correct? Since these Priests must always be attached to a unit, can I attach them to my Core Army units? For example, I thought about adding them to a Black Templar Crusader squad, or perhaps a Templars Terminator squad. Can this be done legally, or must the Priest be added to a Witch Hunters unit?

Thanks!

Negative. The entry in the codex states which units they can be attached to. NOT marines I'm afraid only SOB/GUARD

On immolators... no heavy support can be taken as an ally. If you induct marines then ok, but then they will not have templar rules just vanilla.

Negative. The entry in the codex states which units they can be attached to. NOT marines I'm afraid only SOB/GUARD

On immolators... no heavy support can be taken as an ally. If you induct marines then ok, but then they will not have templar rules just vanilla.

Thanks. I realized in re-reading the Priest entry how they work. Oops!

Here's a more concreteexample of the Immolator question:

Start with a Core army of Black Templars. Select a Dominion squad as an allied Witch Hunters unit. This is a Fast Attack squad. Dominions MUST select a transport. If the unit is 6 models or less, you can select an Immolator as their transport. Is this Immolator selected as a dedicated transport, or as a Heavy Support slot? I would claim it is a Dedicated Transport, much like you can select a unit of Space marine Terminators and give them a Land Raider as a dedicated transport.

Yes, an Immolator (or Rhino) taken as a transport for a WH unit is considered a dedicated transport for that unit, and as of the current WH FAQ you will be using the current rules for dedicated transports found in the BRB (unlike DH dedicated transports).

As to Priests, they must be attached to specific units from their own codex and are counted as a unit upgrade to the units they are attached to (i.e., they do not have the Independent Charater rule). There shouldn't be any reason why you could not take WH Priests with WH units that are being allied into a Marine parent list, as long as they are attached to the correct units and that those units are available to be allied.

SJ

Archived