Chain fist attack bonus

Locmac

This came up in a game this weekend, If you have one chain fist do you need another for the 2 ccw bonus? it says in the new codex they count as power first so can you have one power fist and one chain fist for the bonus?

thanks

Dreadnought CCW = power weapon with more special attributes

Chainfist = power fist with special attributes

Power fist + power weapon (ie two different special weapons) = no extra attacks.

@Thantoes - the only platform for two chainfists is the ironclad, as there are no other opportunities for such an option.

taking it further - would a powerfist + chainfist grant +1A? after all, they are "treaded exactly as a powerfist" (C:SM P64)
I'd say yes!

I would allow a power fist+chainfist to grant +1, though it is a very expensive extra atttack. And I cant say that someone who insisted on having two chainfist would be wrong, but the argument is plenty strong enouph for me to allow mixing fists. The dread has special rules that take precidence so chainfist+DCCW will work.

Oh and in the SM codex, no one can get 2 chainfists, not even ironclades. I think some of the Space wolves might be able to though, because they have left and right handed models

For the Chainfist + Powerfist on a normal model I would agree, you get the +1A.

As to the Dreadnought I disagree.

BRB pg. 73 " Walkers are often armed with huge close combat weapons.." italics mine

"A dreadnought close combat weapon is a power weapon and doubles the walker's Strength ....."

After seeing the Ironcald's Chain fist I think we all can agree that it is huge. it is also a power weapon that doubles the dreads St.

I believe it meets the basics to be considered a DCCW.

EDIT

Re-reading the walker section, it seems the Dread only gets bonus attacks with extra Arms.

I agree, a chainfist isn't a DCCW its a chainfist with all the advantages and disadvantages therein.

You can't claim its one thing when you want to but say its not a dreadnought close combat weapon as soon as you want to use two dice on penetration.... if GW had wanted to give it a DCCW with 2d6 armour penetration they would have, but they didn't.

taking it further - would a powerfist + chainfist grant +1A? after all, they are "treaded exactly as a powerfist" (C:SM P64)

I'd also say yes.

Got caught by this a couple of weeks ago, when I ran a GKBC with a Daemonhammer and a Thunderhammer.

Even though the Daemonhammer 'counts as a Thunderhammer in every aspect', my opponents wouldn't give me the +1 Attack, as I wasn't using two Thunderhammers. :/

I agree, a chainfist isn't a DCCW its a chainfist with all the advantages and disadvantages therein.

You can't claim its one thing when you want to but say its not a dreadnought close combat weapon as soon as you want to use two dice on penetration.... if GW had wanted to give it a DCCW with 2d6 armour penetration they would have, but they didn't.

Thankfully it doesnt matter, walkers get +1 attack per additional CCW anyways.

Archived