My own "Count as" Vulkan

Tuumi

Hiyas all.

I've been lurker in these forums a good while and been drooling about conversions and paint jobs of others.

While I'm myself lazy as donkey and havent got much paint on my minis, I still wanted to have something to play as Vulkan in my army. Which will be custom chapter, templar iconografied UM successor chapter (tho I've been thinking of building it in a way that I could roll it with BT codex too)

Anyhow, without further ado, some pictures.

http://vesi.pan.nu/~tuumi/vulkan/IMG_1391.JPG

http://vesi.pan.nu/~tuumi/vulkan/IMG_1390.JPG

Most of the 'cool conversions' are shameless ripoff's of others (will supply credit where due later when I'm @ home)

He's still missing the cloak, my original intention was to grab Dark Elf Black Ark Corsair cloak somewhere - but those things seem to be quite hard to find/acquire cheapish.. And not sure if one would fit anyhow..

Clearly some gs required on few spots to fill some nasty gaps.. Legs most likely would need to beefed up a bit to match the massive shoulderpads..

Have had some fun kitbashing that guy together.. (Those pictures are just bluetac mockup, the guy actually would fall pretty much to the origin parts without)

He looks great dude - love the skull over the left shoulderpad. Is there similar decoration on the right pad? Would love a shot of the shield. Also, i think there's an article on the corsair cloak in the librarium, however having gone with templar icons, I'd recommend against it. A non-scaled cloak would make it much more unique. I'd also suggest he needs something in the crotch area (tabard, ??).

He looks great dude - love the skull over the left shoulderpad. Is there similar decoration on the right pad? Would love a shot of the shield. Also, i think there's an article on the corsair cloak in the librarium, however having gone with templar icons, I'd recommend against it. A non-scaled cloak would make it much more unique. I'd also suggest he needs something in the crotch area (tabard, ??).

Thanks. I'm pretty proud of him myself too.

I tried to figure out what to put on the right pad.. Regular shoulderpad would have been so tiny compared to that boosted left one.. In the end I just put Terminator pad there..

Here's another earlier wip picture, some stuff has changed (like helmet) since.. Also that shield will eventually be "sideways" to this picture, it looked better that way + fits nicer..

And yeah, I'm pretty much on par with the cloak.. Still I want to get one and see how it would look.. Space will be problem unless I'll do something radical with the left hand..

Legs will need something yeah, tabard might be nice.. Needs to play around with different things and see how it looks..

Anyhow, the promised earlier wip pic: (noticed that the backpack is incorrect, seems like I grabbed my bitsbash chaplain's backpack)

http://vesi.pan.nu/~tuumi/vulkan/pose_2/IMG_1273.JPG

Archived