Chronus on a LRC

Rhellion

Is it worth it to keep Chronus on a LRC? Lots of twin linked weapons, yes. It will help the multi melta with BS5 and to ignore Shaken and Stunned damage results, keeping my Assault Terminators moving forward.

I don't think so, but thats coming from a Chaos perspective.

Most of your guns are already TL'd, so you're not hurting for the chance to hit and PotMS/Extra Armor does basically the same thing as ignoring Shaken/Stunned results, just cheaper.

And it does nothing against the major Land Raider killers like Termicide or Drop Pod Melta squads but make the target even more inviting.

TBH Chronus is best deployed in a Predator.

I could get behind that. The Combi-Predator would be a perfect choice.

3 BS5 heavy weapons that can't be stunned/shaken for less then 200 points. Its expensive but a solid investment in busting transports/walkers/MCs.

As a veteran Black Templar player with 3 LRCs, I think that Chronus is wasted on a LRC. You don't need him in it, just take Extra Armor and if you do get shaken then just move 12". That said, I think Chronus is better used on a Redeemer (keep move/firing those Flamers) or a standard Raider (virtually guarantee that those TL'd Godhammers will hit).

I personally think that the Predator is too fragile of a platform for him, but I also believe that "if it isn't 14 all around, then it is too easily killed".

I'll echo everything already said...buy 15 points' worth of Extra Armor instead. With twin-linked Hurricanes, you'll hit plenty anyways. The firepower of the Crusaderisn't all that jazzy. It's more about the transport capacity, which Chronus doesn't boost.

If you're dead-set on using Chronus, put him in a Predator of any type, and keep its flanks covered with Rhinos or area terrain.

I agree with the rest of the panel as well. Pred is the best place for Chronus. Though putting him in a vindicator could work as well. His BS5 won't help much more than BS4 with scatter, but having a vindi than can always move/shoot is a huge threat.

Dakka pred...I was trying to think vs an ork horde for example...

Regular: Cannon turret and HB sponsons. W/o Chronus - 2 Autocannon and 6 HB shots at a ork horde, say 4 hits, 3 wounds, 3 dead. 18 points of boyz gone. Chronus-driven: 2 Autocannon and 6 HB shots, say 7 hits, 5 wounds, 5 dead. 30 points of orcs gone. Not a big deal. Make it a pred with TLAC turret (Baal type)...you are up to 7+ dead orcs. Add a storm bolter on the turret, and you make it 8. Add a hunter killer...up to maybe 9. You get about up to half his point cost on a great day in one turn of shooting. On the other hand, every dead orc in shooting reduces the units CC potential by 3 or 4 attacks the next turn.

LasPred vs a Chaos Rhino? W/o Chronus, 1 TLLC plus 2 LC shots, say 2 hit, 1 pen, 1 glance. Immobile and stunned. Add Chronus, pretty much statistically the same thing, maybe 3 hits. You might just pop the Rhino this time.

Either way, the next turn, the opponent decides he HAS to shoot the pred, because Chronus is in it. This likely spares something else. The pred might get popped, but then Chronus likely wanders off to join the nearest squad, giving them some added PF-like benefits.

If your running a Vindicator, Land Raider, or Tri-Las Predator, I think he might be worth it. He gives you a 1/3 chance to take the wrecked or explodes on himself. Thats worth what, 40-85pts? Plus you get an I/C (of limited value, yes... 30 pts?) if he loses his ride.

That's not even considering his improved BS and ability to ignore shaken or stunned. Subtract the cost of extra armor, as well, if you would have taken it without him. Is that worth the 25-40pts?

Warprat ;)

I'm at work so I dont have my book with me, but doesn't Chronus also allow you to fire one additional weapon on the vehicle per turn? Thus a LR moving at 6" can still fire 2 weapons. Or my LRC could fire both the TLAC and the MM. I have used him on the Vindicator but this rule is obsolete since when the Demolisher Cannon fires no other weapon can shoot, not even the defensive guns.

With this rule, I think a vehicle moving at 12" can still fire one of it's main guns.

Archived