My Leviathan project

Jeep

http://img43.imageshack.us/img43/8916/leviathanq.jpg

This was the unveiling of this project towards the end of a huge apoc game. I have to finish 6 twin linked las cannon turrets and 6 twin linked heavy bolter turrets yet. I am not sure how I am going to do the las cannons yet, other than I am using land raider las cannon bits as a starting point.

This model in 90% made of plastic card except for the bastion wall sections. The treads are cavalry bases. The rest is bitz.

I am open to ideas on how to proceed from here. I will post better photos when my desk top computer is repaired

http://img200.imageshack.us/img200/2305/64922585641454216680498.jpg

It was all from seeing what worked, and a vague memory of what the epic model looked like. I was actually surprised at how close it turned out to the description in the second dark angles heresy book and the epic piece. All the extra bastion parts went into the "wall of doom" project for the apoc game. I helped with that but it really was the baby of bossman and brad. The Leviathan did not actually get any play in this apoc game, It was on the table because the loosing team (by a mere 167pts and one objective) want to use a "spoil sport strategic asset and nuke the whole table with a doomsday cannon" I need to finish the Leviathan for the October game or maybe the NOV game. Towards that end, I need to figure out the las cannon. then get back to riveting armor plates.

The twin linked las cannnon turrets really have me stumped. I was going to use first run metal predator turrets but only have two laying around. Same problem with metal razorback turrets. The plastic razorback/ landraider turrets don't look bulky enough. Which leaves land raider cannons on some sort of turret. Any ideas.

you could use 2 old pred ones at the rear, the razorback ones in middle and maybe the anialator pattern russ turrets from FW altho i made my own using cadian las cannons and cut to fit in the russ turret that way you have 3 pairs not all 6 the same and will add more character to the model

Archived