Alternate Dreadnought

Raven Guard Neophyte

Hello all, this post is about a very odd Raven Guard army... and this topic isn't just about a heavily modified Dreadnought, its about three other heavily modified pieces, two of which are in the forefront of the image, the third just has parts of him showing. I'm going to put the photo in here and then describe it below.

gallery_38148_4082_1438135.jpg

Now let's see, let's go left to right. The far left, in the front, is just a semi-figure head of my army. He was done quickly, roughly four hours for the entire sculpting and painting process. The next Marine is my flag bearer, with a custom made flag. He was done in roughly two hours. Now for the Awesome-nought! This big hunk of metal is actually a Warjack that I saw and fell in love with. He's heavily modified too. Obviously the kilt was hand made, but other such modifications are as follows: lightning bolts were removed from a vast majority of his armour, his sword was trimmed and filed down from a solid chunk of metal to resemble a chainsword and the handle of said sword was trimmed and pinned into position. And to the far right is my new bagpiper. I actually have two bagpipers now, but this one is my favorite. The bagpipe was custom sculpted from green stuff, with a heavily modified arm and hand. The scroll work on his face was done very carefully with a spotter (18/0) brush and the strings connecting the pipes on his bagpipes is actually embroidery thread that I painted gold. This picture does not do him justice, but then again, I cannot take a level picture easily.

Oh, and if you are wondering about the blue face and tattoos... I love the Picts. They were one of my favorite groups to study in history, well, study them as much as one can study them quickly in a high school AP European History class. Now onto the kilts... I've wanted to give my army a rather Scottish feel, since I'm such a glutton for the bagpipes.

You could probably find a few models that will work. All you'll really need to do is just look around; they have a lot of different armies that are out there, so just dig around and see what you can find. They are pretty fun to work with, considering they are all metal, so you can easily strip the paint off of it if you don't like it.

Archived