sisters of the sacred tear

as i have to go, i want to get your thoughts on some preliminary scheme stuff and names of planets, etc.

scheme idea = gallery_40082_4083_27004.jpg

name of order = order of the sacred tear.

convent = convent of terra

mother order = order of the sacred rose

current numbers = 300 sisters, including tank crew, excluding command structure.

current commander = cannoness juliann (last name censured by ecclisiarchy).

spark of creativity for project = dedicated to my mother and father. is actually not just the sisters but all of my imperial forces, which for board reasons i cannot show all of. would one picture of a guardsman for the record of the log really do harm?

see you all tommorow, marshall.

Do harm, no. Breach the board rules, Yes. Post the guardsman and this thread will be shut down by the mods. Post it over at BootCamp or Dakka or one of the other sites that isn't so PA-centric. As far as the sisters color scheme is concerned, the blue works for me, but not the green. I would go with either black or white robes.

Sacred Tears..that makes for a nice reference to the "Tears of the Emperor". The tears were actual tears from the emperor and were highly psi-negative material and could cause massive damage to warp entities. This substance is/was a primary component in psycannon bolts (hence the rarity of the Psycannon).

The blue is cool, but the green I don't agree with either... as well as why not ad some accent colors... right now it's all just stark blue armor and armor accents. Add maybe some white, maybe some metallic color and you might be on to something. Can't wait to see a real mini.

Agree that the green looks out of place and that you need something else like a white and metallics (silver rather than gold or bronze). I do like that you are using 'cold' colours instead of the 'warm' colours usually associated with Sisters of Battle.

As for your question of showing non-power armored troops in this thread. There are other threads that have shown imperial guardsmen and the such. Generally it is to show size comparison or a group shot of their army list. But I'd suggest against it as you risk getting this thread shut down...a link to pictures on another forum may be acceptable.

Cheers, Messanger

Edit - as for planet names and the such. Could situate them near the Eye of Terror or another war zone that has high number of chaos forces. Or you could put them up against alien scum like Orks and Tau. Another thing to consider is if they are a crusade with no home planet for their convent or if they are based somewhere. Need to consider if they have a dark secret or if they are highly loyal with no taint on their honor. Could give them a task to protect a certain relic or sacred place (maybe even saying they failed once in their duty).

well, i don't want my thread to be murdered, so we'll continue with powerd/carapace (inq) for now.

i'm curious. i thought the light green looked good over the blue. it looks ok on the cannoness i painted awhile ago. why do you guys have doubts on it?

The phrase 'blue and green should never be seen' comes to mind, I'm afraid, as they're just neither complimentary nor contrasting colours. Everything else seems perfectly fine, but those shades just don't go together.

Fashion and colour choices are, of course, hugely subjective.

Post a picture of the Canoness. Final results usually look better than the painter images. I did a conversion of the old canoness into an Inquisitor and I painted the armor in a bright emerald green with silver detailing and sunburst yellow robes and it really worked out nicely.

well, i don't want my thread to be murdered, so we'll continue with powerd/carapace (inq) for now.

Usually a good idea to just ask a mod rather than going with the misguided impression that anything and everything gets closed on a whim.

Yes, posting IG or other non PA is against the rules. If you started a thread with just non-PA stuff then yes, it gets closed. If as in this thread you post PA stuff and then start posting non PA stuff, then the non PA stuff gets removed but the thread keeps going as long as the Power Armor keeps on.

As for the color scheme, what green are you going to use? That can go a long way towards making the combo work or not. Scorpion green is going to be far too bright here I think for example.

i was actually going to try a new technique here. skull white base with thrakka wash (heavy)

considering the sisters are only a part of my army, let me explainits composition.

this is an APOCALPSE force made up of all imperial units i paint. so far i have guard, marines, inquisitorial stuff, and the sisters.

<Incoming pict feed. astropathic transmission has blurred the images somewhat, we apologize. ave imperator, out.>

sister cannoness julia

http://i833.photobucket.com/albums/zz259/moteofchange/adeptus%20mechanicus%20and%20imperium/P1004336.jpg

http://i833.photobucket.com/albums/zz259/moteofchange/adeptus%20mechanicus%20and%20imperium/P1004334.jpg

http://i833.photobucket.com/albums/zz259/moteofchange/adeptus%20mechanicus%20and%20imperium/P1004338.jpg

i will be creating a new topic sometime in the near future to broaden the topic to the full might of the crusade army (of which the sisters are only a small part.)

i wanted to ask peoples opinions on the cannoness as well as let the mods know in advance so they can merge the topics.

thanks and goodnight.

Archived