Furious charge and power fists

spectre312

Dont forget that they have a +1 AFTER the doubling of the strength. So for example a Marine with power fist will strike at I1 S9!!!! Up to a max of S10 though.

Which is quite pointless as already S8 will wound T6 models on 2+ and instant-kill T4 models. The only benefit S9 will give you is against T7 models, and I can't readily come up with anyone.

Now, against vehicles S9 have merit, but only for Power Armoured Sergeants as you should have a Chainfist in your Terminator Squad giving you significantly better armour penetration.

doesn't the rule book say powerfists are always initiative 1 regardless of grenades or furious charge

Indeed BRB p42:

"Power fists, however, [...] are always delivered at Initiative 1 (ignore Initiative bonuses from special rules, wargear etc.)."

Dont forget that they have a +1 AFTER the doubling of the strength. So for example a Marine with power fist will strike at I1 S9!!!! Up to a max of S10 though.

Which is quite pointless as already S8 will wound T6 models on 2+ and instant-kill T4 models. The only benefit S9 will give you is against T7 models, and I can't readily come up with anyone.

Now, against vehicles S9 have merit, but only for Power Armoured Sergeants as you should have a Chainfist in your Terminator Squad giving you significantly better armour penetration.

Upgraded carnifex can be T7. Wraithlords are T8. Also S9 can pen AV 14, S8 cannot. It matters.

Dont forget that they have a +1 AFTER the doubling of the strength...

Which is quite pointless...

Upgraded carnifex can be T7. Wraithlords are T8. Also S9 can pen AV 14, S8 cannot. It matters.

It also bear mention that there are a number of S3 models in the game (IG, for one) that can be equipped with a fist. Not everything is MEQ

Archived