Chaplain

Malleuss

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y266/MalleusOrdo/chaplain2.jpg

Here is my completed Chaplain. I know, my basing is horribly newbish, lol. There is still some clean up here and there to do, but he's just about done.

It's the first thing I've painting in about 2 years so overall I'm pretty content with his final look. I'll be applying what I've learned to my next victim...uh...mini :(

Thanks in advance for any C&C!

Yey a fellow Salamanders player. Very nice i like him. :D My only concern is that chaplains have black armour rather than the colour of your army. The lettering saying "REPENT" is also very good and clear.

Hey thanks for the comments, man! I tried to give him a dark base color with a hint of his chapter. Think its too much?

I do plan on doing future Chaps in their traditional black, tho.

And I really enjoy the Salamanders fluff, especially after the first novel by Nick Kyme (sp), so I'm going to field them as my main army :)

Now I have to decide whether my 2nd army will be Wolves or Tau :P

Thanks for the comments guys, I really appreciate them!

@Vulkan454: I start with with a beastly brown base (Vallejo Game Paints, I'm sure there's a Citadel equivalent). Then I add a drop of Bone White and paint over base, leaving the darkest parts alone. I continue to add a drop or two of Bone White, progressively making my towards the forward creases of the parchments. When I run out of parchment, I'm done^^.

I hope that helps, I'll be doing another few HQ choices soon, I'll try and have more steps to show.

@Beef: He's all the army I've completed so far^^; he's the first guy I've tackled since coming back to the hobby. I'll have more asap :D

Edit: @Vulkan: actually, if you look at the parchment on his chest, you can see what I mean a bit more clearly. I covered in beastly brown, then kept highlighting up towards the top edge, when i ran out of space, i just make sure the last highlight is an edge highlight. I also kept myself from ever just using bone white. If I ran out of space before I get to bone white, then so be it.

Archived