Fallen Dark Angels

Master Astellan

Define Fallen Armies.

Welcome to BnC! Where rabid Dark Angel players will bite you mainly because you decided to whip out an Fallen Force, which a] Highly implausible, but its your army, and you can do whatever you want with it; and b] Stop destroying DA fluff, it's all we have left now since the Doggies took our TDA.

Some people here might have a Fallen Codex, but most generally use Fallen as one Chaos Chosen, use the Chaos Codex as Evil Fallen, or the Vanilla codex as Not As Evil Fallen.

Define Fallen Armies.

Welcome to BnC! Where rabid Dark Angel players will bite you mainly because you decided to whip out an Fallen Force, which a] Highly implausible, but its your army, and you can do whatever you want with it; and b] Stop destroying DA fluff, it's all we have left now since the Doggies took our TDA.

Some people here might have a Fallen Codex, but most generally use Fallen as one Chaos Chosen, use the Chaos Codex as Evil Fallen, or the Vanilla codex as Not As Evil Fallen.

Pah! The Dark Angels are traitors! They left all the warriors who were actually any good on caliban, while they went and sought glory for themselves.

Define Fallen Armies.

Pah! The Dark Angels are traitors! They left all the warriors who were actually any good on caliban, while they went and sought glory for themselves.

Yes, the "good" ones. Yes, that's why they went all Chaos-y and cuckoo in the head. :)

Well...I have a Fallen Angel Chaos Army. I play using Fallen who embraced/were corrupted by/whatever Chaos (as I wanted to have cool fluffy fights with the 4-5 DA players at my gaming store! <_< ).

a]Highly Implausible? Not so much. People tend to forget that around 1/2 of the DA LEGION (not just a Chapter of 1000 marines, but a Legion made up of several Chapters) was cast out into the Warp. Minus those killed of course. So there are potentially thousands of Fallen out in the universe. Some arriving 10,000 years ago..some arriving yesterday. (the whole time dilation thing as described in DA codex) But they have been scattered all over.

b] Not destroying DA fluff. I use it. Straight out of the DA codex...

Here's how.

Only my HQ's, Termies, and unit Aspiring Champions are truly Fallen Angels. Everyone else is just a normal Chaos marine. Considering these Fallen are ancient, powerful warriors from the times of the Crusades...it makes sense that they would be Champions, Lords, etc. Also, according to DA fluff...some of them blend in, some actively worship Chaos, some form their own Warbands, some rule entire planets, some even pretend to be actual DA's...etc.

So my army consists of several Fallen who formed their own Chaos warbands and started terrorizing the Galaxy. During these many years, they have come across one another and under a powerful Fallen Chaos Lord, have joined together as an army of sorts. At times they even invade a planet under the guise of pretending to be "real" Dark Angels. Thus out of those 1000's of Fallen scattered around...it's not unfeasible that over the last 10,000 years...several have come across one another and joined forces.

Thus I have a Fallen army (which only 10-30 models, depending on points, are truly Fallen).

Archived