When do you allocate Telions wounds

Stolid Fox

I've looked in the rules and don't see this addressed. When does a player with Telion get to allocate wounds? Let's say I have a unit of Telion and 4 snipers, and in an amazing show of dice roles I get 1 Telion rend, 1 Telion regular, 2 sniper rends, and 2 sniper regular wounds. Does my opponent allocate all the sniper wounds, then I go back and do Telions afterwards? Do I do Telion and then he allocate the rest? In keeping, do I have to obey allocation rules after his (or he mine if I allocate first?) e.g. if I hit, say, a nob leader in an ork squad and he allocates first and puts one on the nob can I put one of Telion's rends on as well in hopes of taking him out, or would I first have to 'round out' his boys?

RAW suggest that you allocate them simultaneously with the opponent. Usually there isn't a conflict (as you would allocate the wound(s) on the veteran/serg/best geared/most threatening model and your opponent would not). Nobs make this interesting...but I think just to be courteous (and avoid arguments) you could place your wounds first and let him do his little Nob wound dancing. Frankly, you can take out a mob a turn at least, if not more, as you can be aware of models he's already put wounds on and just put wounds on those.

Don't forget that if you do land a wound on that unit, they have to make and pass a Pinning test...so you might freeze them in place for another round of Telion shenanigans. :)

There is no clear answer to this and it can get very confusing.

All that we know for sure is that your opponent alloctaes all normal wounds and you allocate Telions wounds... but what order does this occur.

You could take it in turns but again who would allocate first?

Generally i always allocate special wounds first, in all my games i appoint Telions wounds before my opponent does the wound allocation dance.

Ive never had any problems with this, and all my opponents have gone along with this without argument.

Its the fairest way IMO and reprisents Telions EOV rule far better than messing about with taking turns to allocate wounds.

Gc08

I've always just assigned Telion's wounds first. It makes sense that way. Why would the master sniper choose to shoot Nameless Ork Boyo #576844, instead of the actual threatening Nob with Powerklaw?

You must abide by standard wound allocation rules though. You can't stack two Telion wounds on the same model. There will be no insta-kills of Nobz with Telion (because they're one model with two wounds).

I've always just assigned Telion's wounds first. It makes sense that way. Why would the master sniper choose to shoot Nameless Ork Boyo #576844, instead of the actual threatening Nob with Powerklaw?

You must abide by standard wound allocation rules though. You can't stack two Telion wounds on the same model. There will be no insta-kills of Nobz with Telion (because they're one model with two wounds).

Yeah, this seems to be the way it should go.

Eeep. I am guilty of having done this (if only once). Actually, I'm more guilty of sometimes forgetting I'm allowed to allocate wounds with Telion at all.

I always just assumed Telion has preferential wound allocation, so as long as their are enouph wounds that that each nob has one you could stack both of telion on one nob (esentialy let the enemy assighn all non-telion wounds, then you may chose to either alocate telions wounds on top obeying normal wound alocation rules, or replace an already alocated wound with telions, if you replace a wound then the enemy gets to realocate the displaced wound)

I always forget pinning tests. =\

But anyway, yes; it's important to remember Wound Allocation rules still apply, as Telion's EOV does not state otherwise.

I just thought of something that is both legal and solves your issue (in trying to kill particular models).

Telion can do at best two wounds, so allocate one wound *before* your opponent, then one *after* your opponent has allocated the rest. First wound goes on the target, then after he spreads the rest, you can have a chance to put one useful again. I'm going to try this tonight.

The problem with this is a question of fairness.. we woudlnt be happy with our opponent allocating his wounds first, as he can essentially shunt Telions wounds onto an insignificant model... if we want Telion to get preferential treatment, we cant then expect the best of both worlds.

Id settle for a wound on the NOB and one on a heavy/special weapon ORK, just do the same in the following turn to finsih him off.

Gc08

The way I would interprete it, the player contgrolling Telion has complete authority over where his inflicted wounds go, as long as the usual wound distribution rules are adhered to.

I.E. if he scores two wounds, but the Scout squad as a whole dd not score more wounds than enemy target models, each wound done by Telion must be allocated to a different enemy model, since no model may get two wounds.

If Telion scores two wounds and the Scout Squad inflicts more wounds than there are enemy models, then the player may decide that both of Telions wounds go on one single model, as it would legally possible to allocate all wounds on that way.

Telion's player decides where his scored wounds go, as long as they can be possibly and legally allocated in that way.

I was under the impression that codex specific rules trumped BBB general rules. My group has always played that Telion's wounds can go on whoever he chooses BECAUSE, his rule doesn't state wounds, it says shots. If BOTH of Telion's shots are directed at the nob, and both wound, then both wounds are against said Nob.

Maybe my gaming group is getting this wound allocation thing wrong.... if I shoot a unit of nobs, and dilver 3 wounds, we put two wounds on one nob, and one on another. and Telion declares his target(s if thier single wound) and each shot goes against the model telion's controller picked.

Wound allocation on multi wound models can get very confusing.. with a unit of Nobs, if they are all armed identically then 2 wounds means one dead nob. If they have different wargear, wound allocation can be used to prevent one from dieing..

This is why alot of ork players arm thier nobs differently to one another, you have to do 6 wounds before one dies... very slick if you ask me.

The rules say the controlling player alloctaes wounds, each model has to get a wound before another can be allocated to any model, this prevents people keeping thier powerfist and heavy/special weapons safe from harm and keeps a degree of realism in the game.

Telions rule allows him to allocate wounds himself, but as it only changes the part fo the rule that states who places the wounds and says nothing else, all other parts of the rule have to be used.

Which means his wound placement has to adhere to the rules laid out in the BBB.

GC08

I was under the impression that codex specific rules trumped BBB general rules. My group has always played that Telion's wounds can go on whoever he chooses BECAUSE, his rule doesn't state wounds, it says shots. If BOTH of Telion's shots are directed at the nob, and both wound, then both wounds are against said Nob.

While you are right that codex rules supercede BRB rules, you are wrong about one thing: it DOES state wounds.

"Woulds caused by Telion's shooting attacks are allocated by his controlling player, rather than the opposing player."

The only thing different here from the BRB rules is that those two wounds are allocated by you and not your opponent. As it does not state "You can ignore the wound allocation rules when you do this," you cannot ignore the wound allocation rules; you must abide by them.

So, for instance, when I first fielded Telion and put both wounds he inflicted on one model (the Aspiring Sorcerer in a unit of Thousand Sons) I was in error. I could have put one on the Sorcerer...then the other one on another model.

its a strange nuance that takes time to learn.. most people wouldnt blink if you told them you could stack Telions wounds on the same model, but in the pursuit fo fairness i like to do things properly.

Gc08

I concur. Balance and fairness are very important to me.

Archived