Army Restoration

CosmicCreations

Nice work Cosmic, especially like the Lightning Claws guy! Where's that head from?

Could I be cheeky and ask how you paint your faces? I've been worrying about getting them to look right and would appreciate any tips :cuss

Nice work Cosmic, especially like the Lightning Claws guy! Where's that head from?

Could I be cheeky and ask how you paint your faces? I've been worrying about getting them to look right and would appreciate any tips :cuss

Thanks Dudds, the head is from the Chaos Lord box, the sorcerer's head with the eye over his mouth, I simply shaved the eye off until I got the metal face plate ;)

And the faces were first painted with bestial brown, then large highlights added with a mix of Bestial Brown and Bleached Bone (don't know the ratio because I just go with what looks right), then another lighter highligh with just more bleached bone added, then a final thin highlight of pure bleached bone :)...compared to other methods its a little weird, no proper flesh tones used, but I like it

Heh reading through your thread so far and, well, I'm envious of your skill. Wish I had it :P

No seriously, they're very good. Well executed and the eyes you've done are brilliant. Your freehand is excellent too :) And that LC termi with the "mask", he's awesome :P

I can tell also you're lacking in comments. If you think that's bad you should see my WIP thread (*plugged*) since that's full of more posts from me :P So don't worry about lack of comments.

Keep it up and maybe try your hand at some other UM successors? Could spice up the colour variety you have going. Since right now it's ummm bland? Like perhaps add the Sons of Orar or someone else with a scheme that pops out, rather than blue :D

EDIT: Oh and this Christmas' snow wasn't a lot, the other year was way more :P

Heh reading through your thread so far and, well, I'm envious of your skill. Wish I had it :P

No seriously, they're very good. Well executed and the eyes you've done are brilliant. Your freehand is excellent too :P And that LC termi with the "mask", he's awesome :P

I can tell also you're lacking in comments. If you think that's bad you should see my WIP thread (*plugged*) since that's full of more posts from me :P So don't worry about lack of comments.

Keep it up and maybe try your hand at some other UM successors? Could spice up the colour variety you have going. Since right now it's ummm bland? Like perhaps add the Sons of Orar or someone else with a scheme that pops out, rather than blue :D

EDIT: Oh and this Christmas' snow wasn't a lot, the other year was way more :P

Thanks Hubernator..

I know at the moment its a little blue, but when I finsih all the Aurora stuff I'm going to scrap the Novamarines and go for a something else, maybe red? perhaps the Genesis Chapter, something that is an Ultra successor.

as for the snow I'm not so sure, we had Tonnes down here in the south :)

I've almost finished the 4th marine this evenign so maybe get him up here tomorrow

Thanks Hubernator..

I know at the moment its a little blue, but when I finsih all the Aurora stuff I'm going to scrap the Novamarines and go for a something else, maybe red? perhaps the Genesis Chapter, something that is an Ultra successor.

as for the snow I'm not so sure, we had Tonnes down here in the south :)

I've almost finished the 4th marine this evenign so maybe get him up here tomorrow

well snow-wise I got a bit but I did hear that other parts of the country got far more :(

to your models, I'll do some looking in the 5th ed, there's a list in there I'm sure of it..

EDIT: seems not in the 5th ed but some in the codex. Not sure about whether they're all from UM stock - Sons of Orar look good, so do the Holwing Giirffons. Exorsists maybe too.

dr. dwarf Posted Today, 07:32 AM

I like the guy in the rhino earlier in the thread, can't wait to seem him and his ride painted up

You'll have to wait a while then he's still a long way from finished lol

Capt. Lysander Posted Today, 11:48 AM

These are awesome! One rarely sees Aurora or Novamarines... Particularly the Auroras. Great job, love the eyes.

Thanks :), I'm starting to concentrate more on the Ultras at the moment and then I'll get back to the other chapters, I might scrap the Nova's, I cant do the bone colour any justice, so when I get a bit more experience I might come back to them.

UltraRich Posted Yesterday, 09:41 PM

They are great looking Ultras. I really like the detail on the faces.

Im still working on mine when I get the chance but keep it up

Thanks I'm really pleased with them :)

especially on this guy...

http://i357.photobucket.com/albums/oo11/Cosmic_Castaway2157/Miniatures/Photo0157.jpg

http://i357.photobucket.com/albums/oo11/Cosmic_Castaway2157/Miniatures/Photo0156.jpg

http://i357.photobucket.com/albums/oo11/Cosmic_Castaway2157/Miniatures/Photo0152copy.jpg

C&C welcome and appreciated, I like to learn new techniques and tips

evening people,

Thanks to this glorious snow we've had college was cancelled! which allowed me to go into town and buy a command squad, and with my new found direction with the UM terminators I decided to try and do this squad some justice.

Because my UM are 4th company I wanted to include probably the two most famous marines from the 4th, Uriel and Pasanius.

At the moment I've only had a go at Pasanius as I ran out of bits, and this is what I came up with...

http://i357.photobucket.com/albums/oo11/Cosmic_Castaway2157/Miniatures/Photo0176.jpg

Now I know what a lot of you may be thinking....all I've done is attach a normal torso and arms to Termie Legs.

This is true, however the reason is as I stated before, I ran out of bits, namely Terminator ones (All I had left was the legs). And besides, I didn't want to go over the top with him. He is supposed to be a big marine even by normal standards, and as you can see he is much bigger. I am pleased with how he looks, I think he just wouldn't look like a normal-ish marine if his whole armour was made from Terminator armour. He also doesnt have any hair yet but I'm in the middle of GSing that, his arm will also have GS added,

I have seen another version of Pasanius on deviantart, although I cant remember who made it, and it was fantastic. However it was not how I personally visioned him, and so I chose this route.

Anyway I hope you like, also look at the rest of the squad, if college is closed again tomorrow then I'll get painting!

Still looking awesome. Are you going to bulk his torso out any?

Thanks, um I wasn't going too, mainly because he's all glued together, unless you have any suggestions?

looks great, cant wait to see it painted, no doubt it will be as wonderful as the rest of your stuff.

i love how you paint faces, it seems to say, im tough... so what

Thankyou very much :D..unfortunately though I am AWFUL at scout faces! I just can't paint the buggers!

yup no problem, its just enchanted blue, followed by a badab black wash. Over the top I then paint a final layer of Enchanted blue mixed with skull white, not much white, just a little, I've mixed a batch up and have it in a spare pot. Its only very slightly lighter than normal Enchanted Blue. I then highlight the edges with a light shade of this mix, just add more white.

I know its not professional, I dont use mix Ratio's or anything, I just go with what looks right :tu:

Everything looks fantastic! Don't even worry about bulking the torso out, I'm surprised how the legs and torso don't even clash that bad. Nice work.

Thanks Gunnell, it is definately too late to bulk the torso anyway..he's been painted! haha

Show us :cuss

doesn't he need a flamer?

You are partly correct about the flamer, that his his main weapon, however throughout the novels, mainly The Killing Ground he loses his arm and then he switches to a Bolter which he awkwardly uses against the Unfleshed ;)

Show us

haha I would but I really badly mucked up his face, so he's getting a new head at the moment, college is cancelled tomorrow so maybe pics tomorrow :)

Archived