UK Games Day Golden Demon Winners 2009

It was fun trying to determine what each thing was on the screen!

The single minature gold is just beautiful!

Nice to see the 13th Company are not forgotten! I particularly liked the head.

Those duelling giants were awesome and apparently that was the only model in that category which obeyed base restrictions, with two giants brawling!

Really beautiful models though, I'm jealous.

Some amazing stuff there, I am totally inlove with the Iron Hands squad since I have a Lysander that needs converting for Iron Hands it's certainly given me ideas. I have to say I don't agree with a couple of choices, however that's only based on the photos so perhaps they are more impressive in person.

lol i was there on sunday, the presentation of the winners was done very badly, 30 mins behind schedule and the screen didnt show the models at all

Yep, what's the point of having that big screen if the models only took up about 15% of it at the presentation - the 360 degree presentations of them mid-way through the day were far more effective.

I must be getting jaded in my advancing years; pretty much every single picture there leaves me completely cold. It's the first time I've looked out for the Demon winners in a fair few years, and I'm actually 'meh' about the winning models.

I don't think the photography of any of them does them justice to be honest - the slayer sword winner almost glowed when seen "in the flesh" (and I've seen far better pictures of it elsewhere), as did the silver WHFB regiment.

I don't think white backgrounds help.

Archived