Psychic Hoods and You

gettothegone

Can you use a psychic hood from inside a transport without a firing point.

IE.

Librarian in a Land Raider.

I can't find where it would say that I can or can't but I have seen that you still treat this from the hull of the tank. Same for Null Zone and other such things.

Thoughts?

IE.

I can't find where it would say that I can or can't but I have seen that you still treat this from the hull of the tank. Same for Null Zone and other such things.

Thoughts?

You do not need LOS to use the Psychic Hood, so yes, you can use one from within a Land Raider.

Indeed, that's usually how my psychic hood goes off. <_<

IE.

Thoughts?

You do not need LOS to use the Psychic Hood, so yes, you can use one from within a Land Raider.

Indeed, that's usually how my psychic hood goes off. <_<

Is there somewhere where you can confirm this for me though? It was left up to a 4+ roll vs an Eldar because I couldn't provide proof, and subsequently got quashed on my epic roll of 1.

the psychic hood is not a shooting power, therefore you do not need LOS to use it... if you dont need LOS you dont need a firing point.

That is the only argument you need...

check the firing point section of the rulebook for the proper quotes though.

Gc08

A psychic hood is not a power at all. It's wargear.

To possibly go with something more comparable, a model with a standard or banner in a transport would or would not work on the same basis as the psychic hood. What's been the consensus on that?

A psychic hood is not a power at all. It's wargear.

To possibly go with something more comparable, a model with a standard or banner in a transport would or would not work on the same basis as the psychic hood. What's been the consensus on that?

Kantor's ability is comparable to a Chapter Banner, and it works if he is in a vehicle, it is just measured from the vehicle hull. The same would therefore apply to other banners etc and so by this reasoning a psychic hood would work when it is in a vehicle as well.

Unless someone gives me compelling evidence against it, I will always assume that the psychic hood will work in a vehicle, you measure from the hull of the vehicle when applying its effect, and as it is not a shooting power it doesn't require a fire point or LOS.

To summarize:

The hood is NOT a psychic power, NOR is it a Shooting Attack. It is War Gear.

Therefore it does not require a psychic test, and it does not require LOS. It has it's effect in the same way as the Chapter Banner does (good example).

For proof, refer your friend to this thread. :D

Archived